All Out (organisation)
|Type||501(c)(4); 501(c)(3) fund|
|Legal status||Advocacy organization focused on changing policy|
|Purpose||Bringing people power to the global movement for love and equality|
|Headquarters||New York City / London|
All Out is a global not-for-profit organisation that is focused on political advocacy for the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people. Founded in 2012, All Out aims to bring the power of people beyond geographical barriers to express their solidarity and be a positive force on the side of LGBT people.
When the Google Translate tool translated the word 'gay' to offensive terms, the former Executive Director of All Out, Andre Banks, launched a petition calling for Google to make the necessary changes, gathering over 52,000 signatures for the campaign.
In 2012, All Out took down a petition aimed at shooting back against anti-gay boycott groups placing pressure on EA due to gay characters included in the game publisher's titles. The page was hit by spam attacks that came from different IP addresses. This was later sorted by removing the spam comments and updating the signature count on the All Out’s campaign page.
Following the rise of anti-gay rhetoric and violence coupled with the declaration of LGBT-free zones in Poland, Polish LGBT community members have stated that they feel unsafe. All out launched a campaign to counter the attacks, some 10,000 people signing a petition shortly after the campaign launch.
- Evans, Garrett (2017-05-16). "Lobbying World". TheHill. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- Banks, Andre (2014-05-16). "LGBT rights: the fight is far from over". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- "Olympics Officials Make HUGE Pro-Gay Move". Huffington Post India. 2014-12-08. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- Socarides, Richard (2014-02-06). "Advertisers' Gay-Rights Choices". The New Yorker. ISSN 0028-792X. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- Hoskins, Tansy (2013-08-13). "Can consumer boycotts change the world?". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- "Russia's new anti-gay laws bring mounting scrutiny ahead of Sochi Olympics". Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- "Olympic Committee Adds Anti-Discrimination Clause for Host Cities". Time. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- "Russia: Sochi Highlights Need for Olympic Reforms". Human Rights Watch. 2014-02-21. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- "Corporate sponsors faulted for Sochi participation". Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- "The Telegraph, Alton IL - www.thetelegraph.com". www.thetelegraph.com. The Telegraph. Retrieved 2017-12-10.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Lush's #GAYISOK campaign raises £275,000 to support LGBT groups - Gay Times". Gay Times. 2015-09-14. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- Woollacott, Emma. "Google Apologizes, Fixes Homophobic Slurs In Translator". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- Kain, Erik. "AllOut.org Director Andre Banks On The EA Anti-Boycott Petition And Spambot Attack". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- Polish towns advocate ‘LGBT-free’ zones while the ruling party cheers them on, Washington Post, 21 July 2019, reprint at Independent
- Activists warn Poland’s LGBT community is 'under attack', Euronews, 8 August 2019