All Out of Love
|"All Out of Love"|
|Single by Air Supply|
|from the album Lost in Love|
|Length||4:04 (album version)
3:53 (single version)
|Writer(s)||Graham Russell and Clive Davis|
|Air Supply singles chronology|
"All Out of Love" is a pop ballad by the Australian soft rock duo Air Supply, released in 1980. It was written by Graham Russell and Clive Davis. In the United States, it reached number two on the Hot 100 (blocked by both "Upside Down" by Diana Ross and "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen) and number 5 on the Adult Contemporary chart. In the UK, the song went to number 11. It placed 92nd in VH1's list of the 100 Greatest Love Songs in 2003.
- Russell Hitchcock - vocals
- Graham Russell - vocals, guitar
- Air Supply, Robie Porter, and Frank Esler-Smith - arrangement
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)|
The song has been covered by numerous artists. The Cantopop artist Alan Tam covered the song, which was titled "小風波" (lit: "small storm", meta: "A small quarrel"), and was a hit for Tam in Hong Kong in 1981. Andru Donalds released it as a single making it a Top 5 hit in parts of Europe in 1999.
The boyband Westlife from Ireland recorded the song with Australian singer Delta Goodrem for Westlife's 2006 album, The Love Album, and performed it together live on an episode of the The X Factor. Their version reached number 31 on the Swedish singles chart as a digital download in February 2007, but was not released as a commercial single in any other markets.
Fellow Irish boyband OTT had a hit with the song in their native country in 1996, and the following year in the UK. Another cover of this song was done in 2004, by Canadian recording artist, Mary Zilba, whose pop/dance rendition was a Top 40 hit on the Canadian charts for over 12 weeks.
The song was featured in 2010 Australian Film, Animal Kingdom, the film in which Jackie Weaver won the first of her two Best Supporting Actress Academy Awards.
The song has been featured in advertising campaigns for Denny's restaurant since 2007.
"All Out of Love" has been featured in numerous films and TV shows including Glee, South Park, The Office, Happiness, Old Dogs, The Wedding Date, Animal Kingdom, Hung, The Americans and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
The song is also featured in episode 2, season 2 of United States of Tara. It is performed by Toni Collette and John Corbett in one scene, and Sara Lov's cover of the song is featured in the final scene and closing credits of the episode.
The song is featured in the CW's Supernatural season 7 episode "Slash Fiction", which aired on October 28, 2011. Character Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) lip-syncs a portion of the song as it comes on the radio, and an outtake of the scene in which Ackles sings is featured in the season 7 DVD special features.
Air Supply version:
- "All Out of Love" – 4.01
- "Here I Am" – 3.48
- "Every Woman in the World" – 3.32
Andru Donalds version:
- "All Out of Love" (Radio Edit) – 4:00
- "All Out of Love" (Dance Radio Mix) – 3:59
- "All Out of Love" (Slow Ambient Mix) – 4:18
- "All Out of Love" (Ambient Club Mix) – 6:23
Chalabi Karim version:
- "All Out of Love" (Radio Edit)
- "All Out of Love" (Algerian Version)
- "All Out of Love" (Acapella)
- "All Out of Love" (Single)
|Air Supply (1980)||Peak
|US Billboard Hot 100||2|
|US Billboard Adult Contemporary||5|
|UK Singles Chart||11|
|Andru Donalds (1999)||Peak
|Austrian singles chart||3|
|German singles chart||3|
|Switzerland singles chart||3|
|Westlife featuring Delta Goodrem (2007)||Peak
|Swedish singles chart||31|
- "Latest & Greatest: Soft Rock Ballads". AllMusic. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- Hal Leonard Corp (2003). VH1 Selections from 100 Greatest Love Songs. Milwaukee, WI: Hal Leonard. ISBN 0-634-05654-9.
- "Sleeping Dogs game review". AFP. NDTV. August 16, 2012. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- "Denny's New National Advertising Campaign Urges Americans to Fall in Love with Breakfast Again". Restaurant News Resource. May 25, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- Adams, Erik (February 11, 2015). "The Americans: "Open House"". The A.V. Club. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- Brockington, Ryan (March 29, 2010). "'United States of Tara' chooses music with just as many issues". New York Post.
- "Supernatural.S07E06 Dean sings 'i am all out of love'...". Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- Whitburn, Joel (2002). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961-2001. Record Research. p. 17.
- Germany peak position Retrieved August 10, 2007.
- Austrian and Switzerland peak positions Retrieved August 10, 2007.
- Swedish Charts Retrieved July 18, 2007.