All Over Me (Josh Turner song)
|"All Over Me"|
|Single by Josh Turner|
|from the album Haywire|
|Released||April 5, 2010|
|Josh Turner singles chronology|
"All Over Me" is a song written by The Peach Pickers (Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, Ben Hayslip), and recorded by American country music artist Josh Turner. It was released in April 2010 as the second single from his album Haywire.
Background and writing
Co-writer Rhett Akins told The Boot that the song "is another one of those good time summer feeling songs about hot weather and it being time to get in the boat, grab your girl and head to the lake or the river." He also said that they "didn't have any title mapped out or even a direction of where we were going[…]We came up with the title to the song as we were writing the chorus about save all your kisses up, bring all your sweet love, and pour it all over me."
"All Over Me" is an uptempo song backed primarily by piano and electric guitar. The song's male narrator describes telling his love interest his desire to take her down to the riverbank in the summer, begging her to pour her love "all over [him]."
The song has been well received by music critics. Karlie Justus gave the song a thumbs up, favoring it as a summer tune that "bring[s] the froth and fun these [type of] songs require without completely succumbing to tired instrumental and lyrical clichés." She found the lyrics "simple [and] frustratingly derivative," but complimented Turner's "signature baritone." Bobby Peacock of Roughstock spoke positively of the song, referring to it as a "safe song" that has been done before, but it seems "fun when Josh sings about it." Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song a B rating, referring to it as an "enjoyable listen" and that Turner is able to "elevate good material to great entertainment."
"All Over Me" debuted at No. 59 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of April 24, 2010. It debuted at No. 97 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of July 17, 2010. The song reached No. 1 on the country charts in October 2010.
|US Billboard Hot 100||59|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||4|
"The Boys of Fall"
by Kenny Chesney
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
October 23, 2010
"Roll with It"
by Easton Corbin
- Conaway, Alana (April 28, 2010). "Josh Turner, 'All Over Me' – Story Behind the Lyrics". The Boot. Archived from the original on May 6, 2010. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- Justus, Karlie (April 15, 2010). "Engine 145: Josh Turner – "All Over Me"". Engine 145. Retrieved May 23, 2010.
- Peacock, Bobby (April 13, 2010). "Roughstock Blog: Josh Turner – "All Over Me"". Roughstock. Retrieved May 23, 2010.
- Coyne, Kevin John (May 31, 2010). "Single Review: Josh Turner, "All Over Me"". Country Universe. Retrieved June 2, 2010.
- Trust, Gary. "Chart Highlights: Country, Dance/Club Songs, & More – Chart Beat". Billboard. Archived from the original on October 11, 2010. Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- "Josh Turner – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Josh Turner. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Josh Turner – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Josh Turner. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Best of 2010: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2010. Archived from the original on December 11, 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2010.