All Saints University School of Medicine
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Private medical school|
|Dean||Terrence Marcelle, MD, JD, MBA|
All Saints University School of Medicine, Dominica (ASUDOM) is a private medical school located in the Caribbean. The schools' campus is in Roseau, Dominica, and is administered from Toronto, Ontario.. There is also an office inChicago, Illinois.
All Saints University School of Medicine was founded in April 2006. The Roseau campus opened in 2006. The student body grew steadily over the past decade and now welcomes hundreds of students. Dr. Terrence Marcelle is currently the Executive Dean of the university.
5 Year MD Program
The 5 Year MD Program is designed for recent high school graduates seeking direct admission into the study of medicine. The program consists of 4 semesters of premedical courses, including Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Math, and Introductory Anatomy. This is followed by the structured curriculum in the 4 Year MD Program.
4 Year MD Program
The 4 Year MD Program is for applicants who have completed a Bachelor of Science or the necessary prerequisites at an accredited school. The program consists of 2 years in basic sciences that are conducted at the Dominica campus. This is followed by 2 years of clinical clerkship in ACGME-approved teaching hospitals throughout the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and the Caribbean. During this period, students must complete a minimum of 72 weeks in clinical rotations. The rotations take place in the fields of Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Obstetrics/Gynecology, and Family Practice.
Students may complete their clinical rotations in the following affiliated teaching hospitals and among a number of other approved medical institutions across the world.
|St. Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center||Chicago, Illinois||Yes|
|Jackson Park Hospital||Chicago, Illinois||Yes|
|Norwegian American Hospital||Chicago, Illinois||Yes|
|Presence Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center||Chicago, Illinois||Yes|
|Holy Cross, Sinai Health System||Chicago, Illinois||Yes|
|Swedish General Hospital||Chicago, Illinois||Yes|
|Baptist Health Little Rock||Little Rock, Arkansas||Yes|
|United Hospital of Allina Health||Saint Paul, Minnesota||Yes|
|Kadlec Regional Medical Center||Richland, Washington||Yes|
|McLaren Bay Regional Hospital||Bay City, Michigan||Yes|
|Parkview Hospital||Fort Wayne, Indiana||No|
All Saints University School of Medicine is chartered and recognized by the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica. The school is authorized to confer degrees in Doctor of Medicine (MD) upon its graduates, allowing eligible candidates to practice medicine in Dominica and overseas. Currently, All Saints University School of Medicine is listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). The institution is also recognized by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
All Saints University School of Medicine is also on the Canadian Government's List of Designated Educational Institutions. 
- "ASU 2015-2016 Viewbook" (PDF). All Saints University School of Medicine. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- McCanse, Anna (2011-05-03). Dominica (Other Places Travel Guide). Other Places Publishing. p. 35. ISBN 978-0982261972.
- "Our History". All Saints University School of Medicine. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- Eckhert, N. Lynn; Zanten, Marta van (2014-11-07). "Overview of For-Profit Schools in the Caribbean" (PDF). Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- Preville, Claudius (2013-11-08). "Assessment of the Opportunities for the CARIFORUM Health and Wellness Sector" (PDF). St. Lucia Coalition of Service Industries. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "All Saints University Promised Land at White Coat Ceremony". Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica. 2015-08-11. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Labour Pains for All Saints". The Sun Dominica. 2014-08-19. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "38 receive white coats from All Saints University". Dominican Vibe News. 2014-12-08. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Medical School Details". FAIMER International Medical Education Directory. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Medical College: Finance and Fees". Future Group. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "All Saints University - Dominica". Dominica Universities. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Academic Curriculum". All Saints University School of Medicine. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "ASU SVG Information Brochure" (PDF). ICM Consulting Group. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-05-08. Retrieved 2016-04-19. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Banner, Sandra (2010-10-01). "Canadian Students Studying Medicine Abroad" (PDF). Canadian Resident Matching Service.
- "Medical Doctor 4-Year Program, All Saints University". HealthcareStudies. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "All Saints University Medical School holds White Coat Ceremony". Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica. 2013-12-10. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Medical School Curriculum". All Saints University School of Medicine. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Medical School Clinical Rotations | All Saints University". allsaintsuniversity.org. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- "ACGME - Accreditation Data System (ADS)". apps.acgme.org. Retrieved 2017-07-20.
- "Accredited Schools – ACCM". Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "All Saints University School of Medicine Dominica". International Medicine Studies. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Overseas medical qualifications which may be accepted by the GMC". General Medical Council. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- Placide, Larry (2013-11-18). "Opportunities for Trading Education Services" (PDF). St. Lucia Coalition of Service Industries. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Medical School Codes" (PDF). Canadian Post-M.D. Education Registry. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "HINARI Participating Academic Institutions" (PDF). World Health Organization. 2016-04-12. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- Program, Government of Canada, Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, Canada Student Loans. "Welcome to CanLearn". tools.canlearn.ca. Retrieved 2017-07-14.