This article needs additional citations for verification
. (June 2012)
All This and Heaven Too is the third album by singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Andrew Gold, released in 1978 on Asylum Records. It includes the hit singles "Never Let Her Slip Away" (a no. 5 entry on the UK Singles Chart) and "Thank You for Being a Friend" (a no. 25 entry on the Billboard singles chart).
All This and Heaven Too reached the British Top Five in the albums chart in 1978. "Thank You for Being a Friend" later gained popularity as the theme song for The Golden Girls, though it was performed by Cynthia "Cindy" Fee, a singer who often recorded advertising jingles, for the show. Gold also became known for his biggest UK hit song, "Never Let Her Slip Away," which was a No. 5 chart hit in the UK; Freddie Mercury assisted Gold as an uncredited background singer on the track. Undercover duplicated the chart position of Gold's original with a 1992 cover version.
All songs written by Andrew Gold, except where noted.
|1.||"Gambler" (Kenny Edwards)||3:55|
|2.||"Thank You for Being a Friend" (outtake)||1:33|
|3.||"Dr. Robert" (Lennon-McCartney) (live at the Roxy, Los Angeles, CA, 1978)||3:18|
|4.||"Genevieve" (instrumental) (Gold, Brock Walsh)||5:41|
|5.||"Still You Linger On" (instrumental)||4:50|
- Andrew Gold – vocals, piano, acoustic and electric guitar, electric piano, clavinet, synthesizer, harmonium, bass, drums, percussion, tympani, backing vocals
- Kenny Edwards – bass
- Brock Walsh – backing vocals, percussion
- Waddy Wachtel – guitar
- Jeff Porcaro – drums
- Rick Marotta – drums
- Russ Kunkel – drums
- Beau Segal – drums
- Brad Palmer – bass
- Ernie Watts – saxophone
- J. D. Souther – backing vocals
- Jennifer Warnes – backing vocals
- Mark Safan – backing vocals
- Andrew Gold with Brock Walsh – producer
- Greg Ladanyi with Dennis Kirk – engineer
- George Ybarra – assistant engineer
- David Campbell – arrangements
- ^ Chrispell, James. All This & Heaven Too at AllMusic. Retrieved November 30, 2014.
- ^ Larkin, Colin (1999). The Virgin Encyclopedia Of Popular Music, Concise 3rd Edition, p. 538. Virgin Books, London. ISBN 1-85227-832-3
- ^ Whitburn, Joel (2000). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits, 7th Edition, p. 267. Billboard Books, New York. ISBN 0-8230-7690-3
- ^ "Top 500". Smooth Radio. Archived from the original on 10 April 2015. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- ^ Sweeting, Adam. Andrew Gold obituary. The Guardian. June 6, 2011. Retrieved September 15, 2011.
- ^ "Never Let Her Slip Away". Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the 70s. BBC Radio 2. 5 Feb 2012.
- ^ O'Neal, Sean. R.I.P. Andrew Gold, songwriter of "Lonely Boy" and The Golden Girls theme. The A.V. Club. June 6, 2011. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- ^ Singer/Songwriter Andrew Gold Dies. Contactmusic. June 6, 2011. Retrieved September 15, 2011.
- ^ Drive with Russell Woolf; Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. June 16, 2011. Retrieved August 14, 2013.