All You Need Is Luv'
|All You Need Is Luv'|
|Studio album by Luv'|
|Genre||Pop, dance-pop, Eurodance|
|Producer||Martin Duiser and Piet Souer|
All You Need Is Luv' is the final studio album by Dutch girl group Luv' released in 1994 by Roman Disc and only available in Kruidvat stores in the Netherlands. The pop formation reunited later in 2005.
In 1993, the original trio (José Hoebee, Patty Brard and Marga Scheide) made a comeback in their homeland. Their Luv' Gold compilation sold honorably in the Netherlands and Belgium. They regularly toured the club and gay circuit (not only in Benelux but also in Germany and Denmark) and appeared on TV to perform their Megamix '93 as well as their old hits from the late 1970s. After this nostalgia phase, Luv' decided to record new material. Experienced producers worked on the project: Piet Souer and Martin Duiser assisted by Koen van Baal supervised the recording sessions. Souer is familiar to the group's public as Hans van Hemert and him wrote the whole Luv' repertoire in their heyday. Duiser was an acclaimed artist as he was involved in the world famous Stars on 45 productions. Souer and Duiser had already teamed up in the 1980s to produce popular Dutch artists (including Anita Meyer). Keyboard player Koen van Baal had a career as an arranger and a session musician (for successful acts like German band Scorpions and Marco Borsato).
All You Need Is Luv consists of thirteen tracks recorded in the Bolland studios (owned by the duo Bolland & Bolland) in Blaricum. The aim of this album was to conform to the popular music genres of the mid 1990s. Souer and Duiser wrote nine original tracks and Van Baal two songs. Luv' rendered "All You Need Is Love" (originally performed by The Beatles) in a reggae oriented tempo. Some songs were performed in an Eurodance style: "Don't Stop Now", "One More Night", "I Cried You Outta My Heart" and "Let's Go To The Paradise Of Love". Another composition ("Your Love") had a Contemporary R&B influence. Other songs (including "Bad Reputation" and "Big Time Spender") had Pop rock elements. "No Johnny No Can Do" was an attempt to pay tribute to Luv's camp and Latino style of their debut. The final track was a Dance medley of their greatest hits (U.O.Me, You're the Greatest Lover, Casanova and My Number One).
The album was released by Roman Disc and only available in Kruidvat shops (a Dutch chain of drugstores). Because of this limited distribution, it did not enter the album charts.
- "All You Need Is Love" (John Lennon - Paul McCartney) - 4:15
- "Don't Stop Now" (Piet Souer - Martin Duiser) - 3:24
- "Everything's Gonna Be Allright" (Piet Souer - Martin Duiser) - 4:00
- "Shine On" (Piet Souer - Martin Duiser) - 3:28
- "One More Night" (Koen van Baal) - 3:45
- "I Cried You Outta My Heart" (Piet Souer - Martin Duiser) - 6:10
- "You Love" (Koen van Baal) - 4:23
- "Let's Go To The Paradise Of Love" (Piet Souer - Martin Duiser) - 4:00
- "Bad Reputation" (Piet Souer - Martin Duiser) - 3:22
- "No Johnny, No Can Do" (Piet Souer - Martin Duiser) - 3:38
- "Big Time Spender" (Piet Souer - Martin Duiser) - 3:00
- "Break" (Piet Souer - Martin Duiser) - 4:00
- "Medley" (Janschen & Janschens) - 4:00
- All You Need Is Luv' was re-issued in 1995 by Rondo/Pink Records with another title (One More Night) and a different cover.
- Produced by Piet Souer and Martin Duiser.
- Arranged by Koen van Baal except "Don't Stop Now" and "Big Time Spender" arranged by Piet Souer.
- Recorded at M.D.P and Bolland Studios, Blaricum, Netherlands.
- Mixed by Piet Souer, Martin Duiser and Okkie Huysdens
- Cover Design: Henk-Jan Voordes