All In The Name Of Love is a hit album by the R&B band Atlantic Starr recorded in 1986 and released in early 1987. It was their debut album for Warner Bros. Records after seven years with A&M Records. It featured the band's biggest hit on the pop charts, "Always" as well as the top ten R&B follow-up, "One Lover at a Time" and the late-1986 single "Armed and Dangerous," which was also the title track from that year's film, Armed and Dangerous. It was after this album that then-lead singer Barbara Weathers left the band to begin a solo career. Founding band member Duke Jones, who left the band very early on in their career, appears on this album, playing flugelhorn.
All songs written by David & Wayne Lewis, except where noted.
- "One Lover at a Time" (Richard Feldman, Jimmy Scott) 4:00
- "You Belong With Me" 4:53
- "Females" 3:42
- "Don't Take Me for Granted" 5:04
- "Always" (Jonathan, David & Wayne Lewis) 4:39
- "Armed and Dangerous" (Garry Glen, Martin Page, Maurice White) 4:08 *
- "Let the Sun In" 4:04
- "Thankful" 5:03
- "I'm in Love" 4:25 *
- "All in the Name of Love" (Sam Dees) 5:26
- "My Mistake" 5:19
- "Interlude" 1:13
- Songs with an asterisk (*) appear on CD versions of the album only.
- Barbara Weathers: Lead Vocals on "One Lover at a Time," "Don't Take Me for Granted," "Always," and "All in the Name of Love"
- Joseph Phillips: Percussion
- David Lewis: Guitars, Vocals (leads on "Females," "Always," "Let the Sun In," "My Mistake," and "Interlude"), Programming
- Wayne Lewis: Keyboards, Vocals (leads on "You Belong with Me," "Females," "Thankful," and "All in the Name of Love"), Programming
- Jonathan Lewis: Keyboards, Programming
- Danny Atherton, Richard Feldman: Drums
- Gary Coleman, Paulinho Da Costa: Percussion
- Rich Aronson, Rhett Lawrence: Keyboards, Synthesizers
- Andrew Bloch, Fritz Cadet, David Cochrane, Charles "Icarus" Johnson, Marlon McLain: Guitars
- Dave Cochrane: Bass on "Let the Sun In"
- Gerald Albright: Saxophone
- Duke Jones: Flugelhorn solo on "Interlude"
- Gene Page: String Arrangements & Conducting
- Arranged & Produced By David/Wayne/Jonathan Lewis & Maurice Starr
- Engineers: Peter Denenberg, Bino Espinoza (also assistant engineer), Fred Law, Tom Perry, Rory Young
- Assistant Engineers: Charlie Brown, Liz Cluse, Michael Dotson, Karen Siegel, Ralph Sutton
- Mixing: Ray Bardani, Tom Perry, Erik Zobler
- Mastering: WCI Record Group