All the Rowboats
|"All the Rowboats"|
|Single by Regina Spektor|
|from the album What We Saw from the Cheap Seats|
|Released||27 February 2012 (Streaming)|
28 February 2012 (Digital download)
|Format||CD single, Digital download|
|Producer(s)||Regina Spektor, Mike Elizondo|
|Regina Spektor singles chronology|
"All the Rowboats" is the first single from Regina Spektor's sixth album What We Saw from the Cheap Seats. It was first released for streaming on February 27, 2012 and on the following day it was released for digital download. The song had been occasionally performed by Spektor in concerts since 2005. During concerts, Spektor would emulate a drum machine sound with her microphone.
A music video was released on YouTube on March 28, 2012. The video begins with Spektor being tied up on a rowboat which is cut off by a clip of a lighthouse. Later she appears on a dock. The video also contains clips of Spektor underwater, running down corridors as well as being crushed by closing walls. It utilizes stop-motion animation to animate the motion of the waves. It was directed by Adria Petty, daughter of musician Tom Petty, and Peter Sluszka.
- Writers: Regina Spektor
- Producer: Regina Spektor, Mike Elizondo
- Vocals, Piano, Keyboards: Regina Spektor
- Percussion: Aaron Sterling
- Drums: Jay Bellerose, Aaron Sterling
- Bass, Electric guitar, Programming: Mike Elizondo
Use in media
|Australian ARIA Singles Chart||91|
|U.S. Billboard Rock Digital Singles Chart||37|
- "Hear Regina Spektor's comeback single 'All The Rowboats'". NME. 2012-02-28. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- "NME Track Reviews - Regina Spektor - 'All The Rowboats'". NME. 2012-03-01. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- "Regina Spektor unveils surreal video for 'All The Rowboats' – watch". NME. 2012-03-30. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- "Best Art Direction 2012 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS". MTV. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- "Ringer Music - Artist Spotlight". The CW. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
|This 2010s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|