|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
Allamanda cathartica, commonly called golden trumpet, common trumpetvine, and yellow allamanda, is a species of flowering plant of the genus Allamanda in the family Apocynaceae. It is native to Brazil. This plant is cited in Flora Brasiliensis by Carl Friedrich Philipp von Martius.
The plant was introduced to many countries due to its ornamental purposes. It is now widely found in Sri Lanka, and known as "වල් රුක් අත්තන" by local people.
whorled in 4's, light green, pointed ends, entire margins, thick, smooth.
sprawling habit; milky latex.
large, bright yellow, tubular, in conspicuous terminal clusters.
spiny capsules. walang makitaan
Golden Trumpet in Hyderabad, India
Golden Trumpet in Kerala
Golden Trumpet in Taiwan
Golden Trumpet in Sri Lanka
Capsule - MHNT
Cultivar 'Cherries Jubilee'
- "The Plant List: A Working List of All Plant Species". Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "USDA GRIN Taxonomy". Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Golden Trumpet Plant". Garden Guides. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- Símbolos Oficiales. Municipio de Canóvanas.
- (Portuguese) Flora Brasiliensis: Allamanda cathartica
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Allamanda cathartica.|
|This Apocynaceae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|