|Full name||Allan Emani Alaalatoa|
|Date of birth||28 January 1994|
|Place of birth||Sydney, Australia|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||125 kg (276 lb; 19 st 10 lb)|
|Notable relative(s)||Michael Alaalatoa (brother)
Vili Alaalatoa (father)
|Rugby union career|
Allan's father Vili is a fan of cricket and named him after the Australia cricket captain Allan Border. Alaalatoa's nickname with the brumbies squad is also rumoured to be Captain Grumpy.
Alaalatoa hails from a rugby family with father Vili playing for Samoa in the 1991 Rugby World Cup and brother Michael also going on to play professionally with the New South Wales Waratahs. He attended Newington College where he played for three years in the 1st XV and completed the HSC in 2011. His big break came ahead of the 2014 Super Rugby season when he was named in the Brumbies extended playing squad. He didn't get any game time during the regular season, but surprisingly was given a debut off the replacements bench in the Brumbies 32-30 victory over the Chiefs during the Super Rugby playoffs.
In 2016, Alaalatoa was named in the Wallabies preliminary 39-man squad for the 2016 series against England. He has been selected for his first test against New Zealand, starting on the bench in the Bledisloe Cup on 20 August 2016.
Super Rugby Statistics
- As of 22 July 2016
- "Allan Alaalatoa Brumbies Player Profile". Brumbies. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- "UC Brumbies EPS announced". Brumbies. 17 October 2014. Archived from the original on 13 March 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- "Allan Alaalatoa Player Statistics". itsrugby. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- Black & White Retrieved 2 May 2015.
- "Brumbies vs Chiefs 19 July 2014 Match Breakdown". SA Rugby. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- "Allan Alaalatoa IRB JWC Player Profile". IRB. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- Wallabies squad full of surprises
- "Player Statistics". its rugby. Retrieved 26 July 2016.