Antliff holds the Canada Research Chair in Art History at the University of Victoria, where he teaches undergraduate and graduate courses on modern and contemporary art. His research interests include dada, contemporary art, anarchist history and political theory, and his graduate seminars include "20th-Century Anarchism and Avant-Garde Art"; "New York Dada" and "American Modernism Between the Wars". In addition to teaching art history, Antliff co-edits the Alternative Press Review, serves as art editor for Anarchist Studies, edited the volume Only a Beginning: An Anarchist Anthology (1998) and has written two scholarly books; Anarchist Modernism: Art, Politics and the First American Avant-Garde (2001) and Art and Anarchy: From the Paris Commune to the Fall of the Berlin Wall (2007).
- Only a Beginning: An Anarchist Anthology. Arsenal Pulp Press (2004) ISBN 1-55152-167-9.
- Anarchist Modernism: Art, Politics, and the First American Avant-Garde. University of Chicago Press (2001).
- Anarchy and Art: From the Paris Commune to the Fall of the Berlin Wall. Arsenal Pulp Press (1998).
- Anarchy in Art: Strategies of Dissidence, Anarchist Studies. 11 no. 1 (2003): 66-83.
- Art/Politics/Subterfuge, Mix Magazine. 27 no. 4 (2002): 29-31.
- "Egoist Cyborgs," The Uncanny: Experiments in Cyborg Culture, ed. Bruce Grenville, exh. cat. Vancouver Art Gallery (2002): 101-113.
- "Cosmic Modernism: Elie Nadelman, Adolf Wolff, and the Materialist Aesthetics of John Weichsel," Archives of American Art Journal. 38 no. 3 (Winter, 2000): 20-29.
- "Interpellating Modernity: Cubism and 'La Vie Unanime' in America," American Modernism Across the Arts, eds. Jay Bochner and Justin Edwards, Peter Lang Publishers, 1999.
- "anarchism: left for dead amid the carnage". NOT BORED!. January 16, 2003. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- "Allan W. Antliff". Canada Research Chairs. Archived from the original on 2006-10-07. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- MacDonald, Murdo (2002). "Anarchist Modernism: Art, Politics, and the First American Avant-Garde". Journal of the Scottish Society for Art History. 7. Archived from the original on 2011-08-13. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- Roslak, Robyn (2002-03-22). "Allan Antliff. Anarchist Modernism: Art, Politics, and the First American Avant-Garde". Utopian Studies. Society for Utopian Studies. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- Academic profile
- Personal website Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- Works by or about Allan Antliff in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
|This biographical article about an anarchist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|