Hunt as Stuart Riley in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
|Born||February 12, 1945
Hunt trained at the Pasadena Playhouse, UCLA, American Conservatory Theatre, and Seattle Repertory. After several small parts in his younger years he was cast in the second season of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. He almost didn't get the part because Irwin Allen didn't like the idea of having another regular character who was taller than the series' lead actor Richard Basehart (who was 5' 8"). During season two with heightening tension in Vietnam Allan realized that he would be drafted, so rather than take his chances with the draft, he enlisted in the Marine Corps. He trained as a US Marine at Marine Corps Air Station El Toro, then was transferred to Special Services with the US Army. During his time in Vietnam, Allan was responsible for USO shows, wrote special material and hosted and directed live stage shows. Irwin Allen promised to keep the role of Stu Riley for Allan when he completed his duties in the Army, but by the time he finished his time in Vietnam, the show had finished so he wasn't able to resume the role of Riley. Over the years Allan has worked in many different areas; a lot of work on stage (as an actor and director), as a Regular for 2 years on General Hospital, work as a news anchor for CBS affiliate KGGM in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1987 and more recently back on TV in shows such as Love Boat: The Next Wave and Charmed. Allan currently teaches drama and heads the Visual and Performing Arts program at Oak Park High School in California.
- Charmed (TV) (Feats of Clay) (1999) .... Auctioneer
- Love Boat: The Next Wave (TV) (Captains Courageous) (1998) .... Piano Player
- Miss Jones (TV) (1991) .... 2nd Attorney
- Freaky Friday (1976) .... Car Cop (uncredited)
- Ironside (TV) (Trip to Hashbury) (1968) .... Gary
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (TV) (2nd Season Regular Character) (1965–1966) .... Stuart Riley
- The Donna Reed Show (TV) (3 episodes) (1962–1965)
- The Munsters (TV) (Bats of a Feather) (1965) .... The 2nd G.I.
- Perry Mason (TV) (2 episodes) (1963–1964)
- Karen (TV) (No Boys Allowed) (1964) .... Roger
- Dr. Kildare (TV) (The Child Between) (1964) .... Rusty
- Gunsmoke (TV) (Lover Boy) (1963) .... Boy
- Dennis the Menace (TV) (Dennis at Boot Camp) (1962)
- Pleasure of His Company (with Lana Turner and Louis Jourdan)
- Your Own Thing
- Our Town (with Henry Fonda)
- Richard II (with Richard Chamberlain)
- Forty Carats (with June Lockhart)
- Everybody's Girl (with Rose Marie)
- The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial
- Hello, Dolly!
- That Championship Season
- The Boys in Autumn (with Walter Koenig and Mark Lenard)
- The Student Prince
- Pirates of Penzance
- Three Drama-Logue Awards:
The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial (1981)
Hello Dolly (1983)
That Championship Season (1988)