Allan (Seapa) Mustafa is a BAFTA-nominated actor and writer who is best known for playing Anthony "MC Grindah" Zografos in the BBC mockumentary series People Just Do Nothing, which he co-created with Asim Chaudhry amongst others.
At college, Mustafa met Hugo Chegwin, Steve Stamp and Chaudhry, with whom he created YouTube mockumentary videos about a fictional pirate radio station. This led to the group being commissioned for People Just Do Nothing, a BBC mockumentary about West London pirate radio station Kurupt FM. The pilot aired on iPlayer in July 2012. The show ran for five series, winning a BAFTA and a Royal Television Society Award.
The show satirised the urban grime scene in Brentford and the Isleworth area of Middlesex, where several of the cast grew up. In 2019, production began on a feature length adaptation of the series called People Just Do Nothing: Big In Japan.
- Wollaston, Sam (2018-10-27). "'The joke is always on us': how People Just Do Nothing struck comedy gold". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-04-10.
- "Allan Mustafa". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- "One of the funniest TV shows of recent years has been renewed for a final season". Shortlist. 1 May 2018. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- "Kurupt FM On Their First Dates, Jobs and Drug Experiences - VICE". www.vice.com. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- "'People Just Do Nothing' Movie Adaptation Shooting In Japan & UK For Focus Features & BBC Films". Deadline. 28 November 2019. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- "Curtis Brown". www.curtisbrown.co.uk. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- "Love Wedding Repeat: Netflix rom com's multiple timelines explained". Radio Times. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
|This article about a British comedian or humourist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|