Allcures Group is a pharmacy chain in the UK, with an online presence and a range of outlets in the south east of England.
Allcures was established in 1981 by Jai Cheema, who founded a series of pharmacies across Essex and North London. In 2003, the company moved from its offices in Stanford-le-Hope to new premises in South Ockendon, which incorporated the warehouse and head office department. In 1999, the online branch of the business was established, becoming the first fully functioning online pharmacy in the UK. In a 2001 interview with the Financial Times, the chairman, Jai Cheema, stated that the focus of the company would be on “clicks and mortar”. Despite concerns from the media that the company would break ethical codes, and therefore be unable to deliver prescription only drugs, the Royal Pharmaceutical Society allowed the company to do so, under stringent checks. In 2006, Allcures.com was invited to join the eSuperbrand group, made up of elite internet based companies, in recognition of their brand leading status. The Daily Mirror also recommended the shop in 2011, describing the company as “the online equivalent of a high street chemist”.
- "Keep taking the tablets; Selling prescription drugs over the Internet may be a popular idea, but it's fraught with issues of regulation and responsibility. Dianne See Morrison looks at how the market is now, and what could happen if the Government gets involved". Business.highbeam.com. 2000-03-09. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "beyondbrics | News and comment on everything that makes emerging markets move. We cover politics, economics, finance and business from over 40 emerging economies". Specials.ft.com. 2014-11-26. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "Royal Society: yes to Web pharmacies.(Industry Trend or Event)(Brief Article) | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared". Business.highbeam.com. 2000-01-13. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "Allcures.com" (PDF). Superbrands.com. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "Website of the week - www.allcures.com - mirror Administrator - Mirror Online". Mirror.co.uk. 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2015-07-30.