|Industry||Security, Access control|
Number of employees
Allegion plc is a Dublin based provider of security products for homes and businesses. It comprises thirty one global brands, including CISA, Interflex, LCN, Schlage and Von Duprin. The $US2 billion company sells products in more than 130 countries across the world. David D. Petratis has been announced Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer and President of the company in August 2013.
Mergers and subsidiaries
On 8 January 2014, Allegion acquired certain assets of Schlage Lock de Colombia S.A., the second largest mechanical lock manufacturer in Colombia, with revenues of US $12 million. The acquisition gave Allegion a 45,000 square foot integrated plant in Bogota, Colombia, and approximately 350 new employees.
Allegion plc is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Its regional offices for the Americas is in Carmel, Indiana, United States. Its European regional offices are in Faenza, Italy, and the company’s Asia headquarters are in Tower B of City Center of Shanghai in Shanghai, China.
Brands and subsidiaries
- AD Systems
- Austral Lock
- Dexter by Schlage
- ITO Kilit
- Republic Doors & Frames
- Simons Voss Technologies
- Technical Glass Products (TGP)
- Von Duprin
- Zero International
In March 2018, the company launched the venture capital fund, Allegion Ventures. The aim is to invest in early stage companies in the sectors security and smart access. The initial funding was $50 million.  The following companies are part of the Allegion Ventures Programme:
- Conneqtech (GPS Tracking)
- iDevices (Smart home devices, exited 2017)
- Nuki (Smart lock)
- Yonomi (Cloud technology)
- "David D. Petratis: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg. Bloomberg Inc. Retrieved 11 November 2018.
- Taborek, Nick (22 November 2013). "J.C. Penney Will Be Replaced by Allegion in S&P 500 After Drop". bloomberg.com. Archived from the original on 1 December 2013. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Allegion acquires Schlage Lock de Colombia". Allegion.com. Archived from the original on 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2014-04-28.
- Allegion plc Ownership Summary
- "Allegion.com: Contact Us". Allegion.com.
- Company Homepage
- Business data for Allegion:
|This Irish company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|