Allegra Fuller Snyder
Allegra Fuller Snyder is an American dance ethnologist (ethnochoreologist), choreographer, professor and author specializing on dance and culture. Her research focuses on dances among Native American nations, particularly the Yaqui, and on dance among several ethnic groups in Africa and Asia. She is Professor Emerita of dance ethnology from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
Snyder pioneered the field of Dance Ethnography, and defines a dance ethnologist as "...one who is concerned with studying the process of dance in culture." She goes on to state that "This field of investigation has been the major focus of my life and work for the last thirty-plus years."
Snyder also directed several documentaries on dance practices around the world 
- Securing Our Dance Heritage: Issues in the Documentation and Preservation of Dance., 1999, Council on Library and Information Resources
- ‘Filmed in "Holly-Vision": Hollywood Images of World Dance,’ chapter in Looking Out: Perspectives on Dance and Criticism in a Multicultural World., David Gere, ed. New York: NY, Dance Critics Association, 1995.
- UCLA. "Allegra Fuller Snyder".
- Buckminster Fuller Institute
- Fuller Snyder, Allegra (1996). "Buckminster Fuller: Experience and Experiencing". Dance Chronicle. JSTOR. 19 (3): 299–308. ISSN 0147-2526. JSTOR 1567856.
- "Allegra Fuller Snyder films on IMDB".
- Fuller Snyder, Allegra (1995). "Filmed in "Holly-Vision": Hollywood Images of World Dance". In Gere, David (ed.). Looking Out: Perspectives on Dance and Criticism in a Multicultural World (Print). New York, NY: Schirmer Books. pp. 72–93. ISBN 0028706838. Retrieved 10 March 2015.