Allegra Versace Beck
30 June 1986
|Education||Sir James Henderson School|
|Net worth||US$800 million|
Allegra Versace Beck (Italian pronunciation: [alˈleːɡra verˈsaːtʃe ˈbɛk]; born 30 June 1986), commonly known as Allegra Versace, is an Italian heiress and socialite. Since 2011 Allegra has been a director of Gianni Versace S.p.A. and has worked in New York City as a theatrical dresser.
Early life and education
Allegra Versace is the daughter of Italian fashion designer Donatella Versace and American ex-fashion model Paul Beck, and the niece of fashion designer Gianni Versace. She was raised outside Milan, Italy, with her younger brother Daniel. Sir Elton John gave her a piano that she admits she never learned to play. As a child, she took ballet classes for nine years and is to this day a huge admirer of ballet. She credits her uncle Gianni as having instilled in her this lifelong passion for ballet. For one of her birthdays, he introduced her to Maurice Béjart.
Versace attended The British School of Milan, then known as "The Sir James Henderson School", where she was tightly guarded and existed as if in a fishbowl. Following the completion of secondary education, she went abroad, first to Brown University in Rhode Island, then in 2006, she enrolled at UCLA, where she studied French, art history, and theatre.
Inheritance of Versace
Allegra Versace was eleven years old when her uncle Gianni Versace was fatally shot outside his Miami mansion in July 1997. Her mother immediately sought counseling for her. On her 18th birthday, she received 50% ownership of Gianni Versace S.p.A.. Allegra's uncle Santo Versace already owned 30% of the fashion empire, and her mother already owned 20%, but due to a long-standing disagreement between the two, the remaining 50% of the Versace empire was willed by Gianni to Allegra. Allegra instantly became worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and now has an estimated net worth of US$800 million. Despite legally being able to claim full control of her inheritance at the age of 18, she opted to focus entirely on her studies and did not begin real participation in the business of Versace until she was 24.
- Cunningham, Jennifer (19 June 2004). "Is there a Versace in the house?; Allegra Beck; Aged 11, she watched TV reports flash up news that her beloved uncle, Gianni Versace, had been shot. Now she stands to inherit a 50% share of the Versace empire. But who is this girl with the power at her fingertips?". The Herald. Plymouth, England. Archived from the original on 25 February 2016. Retrieved 2 November 2015 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (help)).
- Carpenter, Julie (15 June 2011). "Return of the lost little rich girl". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- Emami, Gazelle; Moss, Hilary (8 June 2011). "Allegra Versace Talks Anorexia, Making A Name For Herself in Fashion". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Roberts, Andrew (9 June 2011). "Allegra Versace, 50% Versace Shareholder, Joins Company's Board". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on 30 January 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- Ginsberg, Merle (March 2007). "Exclusive: Donatella & Allegra". Harper's Bazaar. p. 452. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2009.
- Guest, Katy (20 July 2004). "Poor little super rich kids". The Age. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Arie, Sophie (2004). "Gianni's golden girl". The Guardian. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- "Allegra Beck, la 'principessa' de Gianni Versace que nunca quiso la c…". 2019-03-19. Archived from the original on 2019-03-19.
- Fenton, Ben (2 July 2001). "Wealthy 'princess' marks coming of age". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- Ball, Deborah (2011). House of Versace: The Untold Story of Genius, Murder, and Survival (Illustrated ed.). Crown Publishing Group. ISBN 9780307406521. Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- Hellard, Peta (1 April 2007). "Saddest girl in the world". Herald Sun. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
late last year she shifted to Los Angeles to study acting, French and art history at a Californian university, UCLA.
- "Versace niece's $700m birthday gift". The Sydney Morning Herald. 2 July 2004. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Allegra Versace Net Worth: How Much Is Donatella Versace's Daughter and Italian Fashion Empire Heiress Really Worth?". Travelers Today. 6 September 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- Incera, Fernanda. "Allegra Beck: la heredera del imperio Versace". Glamour.mx. Glamour (Mexico). Retrieved 19 March 2019.