|Born||Allegra Versace Beck
30 June 1986
|Education||Sir James Henderson School|
|Net worth||US$800 million|
Allegra Versace Beck (Italian pronunciation: [ˈale:ɡra ver.saːtʃe ˌbɛ:k]; born 30 June 1986), commonly known as Allegra Versace, is an Italian heiress and socialite. Since 2011 Allegra has been a director of Gianni Versace S.p.A. and has worked in New York City as a theatrical dresser.
Early life and education
Versace is the daughter of Italian fashion designer Donatella Versace and American ex-fashion model Paul Beck. She was raised outside Milan, Italy, with her younger brother Daniel, and was described as a "serious, sensible and bright" child, "with her hair in pigtails and her nose in a history book". Sir Elton John, whom she adored and called "uncle", gave her his first piano.
The favored niece of designer Gianni Versace, she was eleven years old when he was fatally shot outside of his Miami mansion in July 1997. Her mother immediately sought counseling for her. On her 18th birthday, she received 50% ownership of Gianni Versace S.p.A.. Allegra's uncle Santo Versace already owned 30% of the fashion empire, and her mother already owned 20%, but due to a long-standing disagreement between the two, the remaining 50% of the Versace empire was willed by Gianni to Allegra. Allegra instantly became worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and now has an estimated net worth of US$800 million.
Versace attended The British School of Milan, then known as "The Sir James Henderson School", and Brown University in Rhode Island. In 2006, she enrolled at UCLA, where she studied French, art history, and theatre.
Versace spends a significant amount of time at her mother's home in Milan, her cousin Antonio's apartment in SoHo, New York City, and a residence in Los Angeles. In March 2007, her mother Donatella released a statement that her daughter was receiving treatment for anorexia. Referring to her experience of anorexia, Allegra told la Repubblica newspaper: "I call this my period of absence. I was lost in other thoughts and couldn't confront reality with my eyes shielded from everything. Above all, I wanted one thing—to be no one, to not be recognised, not be hunted down." Allegra was born and raised as a Roman Catholic.
- Cunningham, Jennifer (19 June 2004). "Is there a Versace in the house?; Allegra Beck; Aged 11, she watched TV reports flash up news that her beloved uncle, Gianni Versace, had been shot. Now she stands to inherit a 50% share of the Versace empire. But who is this girl with the power at her fingertips?". The Herald (Plymouth, England). Retrieved 2 November 2015 – via HighBeam Research. (subscription required (. ))
- Emami, Gazelle; Moss, Hilary (8 June 2011). "Allegra Versace Talks Anorexia, Making A Name For Herself in Fashion". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Roberts, Andrew (9 June 2011). "Allegra Versace, 50% Versace Shareholder, Joins Company’s Board". Bloomberg. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- Ginsberg, Merle (March 2007). "Exclusive: Donatella & Allegra". Harper's Bazaar. p. 452. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2009.
- Guest, Katy (20 July 2004). "Poor little super rich kids". The Age. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Arie, Sophie (2004). "Gianni's golden girl". The Guardian. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- "Versace niece's $700m birthday gift". The Sydney Morning Herald. 2 July 2004. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Allegra Versace Net Worth". The Richest. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- "Allegra Versace Net Worth: How Much Is Donatella Versace’s Daughter and Italian Fashion Empire Heiress Really Worth?". Travelers Today. 6 September 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- Fenton, Ben (2 July 2001). "Wealthy 'princess' marks coming of age". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- Hellard, Peta (1 April 2007). "Saddest girl in the world". Herald Sun. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
late last year she shifted to Los Angeles to study acting, French and art history at a Californian university, UCLA.
- Abraham, Tamara (7 June 2011). "'I wanted to be no one, to not be recognised': Allegra Versace on shunning the limelight after battle with anorexia". Daily Mail (MailOnline). Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- Laurance, Jeremy (30 March 2007). "Allegra and the curse of anorexia". Irish Independent. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- "Fashion Legend's Girl Has Anorexia". Sky News. 28 March 2007. Archived from the original on 3 June 2012. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Hammel, Sara; Jessen, Monique (28 March 2007). "Allegra Versace Undergoing Treatment for Anorexia". People. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Milligan, Lauren (7 June 2011). "Allegra on Gianni". Vogue. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- "Allegra Versace 2015". taddlr. 3 June 2015. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|
|News from Wikinews|
|Texts from Wikisource|