Allen & Company Sun Valley Conference
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Allen & Company Sun Valley Conference is an annual media finance conference hosted and wholly independently funded by private investment firm Allen & Company. The conference has taken place in Sun Valley, Idaho for one week each July since 1983. The conference typically features business leaders, political figures, and major figures in the philanthropic and cultural spheres. Previous conference guests have included Bill and Melinda Gates, Warren and Susan Buffett, Tony Blair, Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Allen alumnus and former Philippine Senator Mar Roxas, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Yahoo! co-founder Jerry Yang, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, Media Mogul Rupert Murdoch, eBay CEO Meg Whitman, BET founder Robert Johnson, Time Warner Chairman Richard Parsons, NBA player LeBron James, Governor Chris Christie, entertainer Dan Chan, Katharine Graham of The Washington Post, Diane Sawyer, InterActiveCorp Chairman Barry Diller, Linkedin co-founder Reid Hoffman, Sandro Salsano from Salsano Group, and Washington Post CEO Donald E. Graham, and Oprah.
Allen & Company is a private investment firm formed in 1922, located in New York City and London. Allen & Company has advised, helped found and/or invested in numerous companies including BET, InterActiveCorp, Oxygen Media, Discovery Communications, News Corporation, the Coca-Cola Corporation and Google.
|This article does not cite any sources. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Loomis, Carol J. (2004-06-28). "Inside the Private World of Allen & Co. Putting a premium on personal ties, this family firm thrives in the land of the giants.". Fortune. Retrieved 2006-07-19.
- Murphy, Pat (2004-07-02). "Media moguls alight in valley". Idaho Mountain Express. Retrieved 2006-07-19.
- Dugan, Dana (2006-07-05). "Herbert Allen Jr. comes calling again". Idaho Mountain Express. Retrieved 2006-07-19.
- Carr, David (2007-07-11). "Sun Valley 2007". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-07-11.
- Colombia, Presidencia (2009-07-09). "Colombia's President Alvaro Uribe attends 2009 Allen & Company Sun Valley Conference". government. Retrieved 2009-07-09.