Allen H. Greenfield
Allen H. Greenfield is an American-born occultist and author long involved in the free illuminist movement. He was given the mystical title and charter as Tau Sir Hasirim in 1986 and 1991 by Hierophant Michael Bertiaux of Chicago, Illinois.
Greenfield was elected to the mystical episcopate of the Neopythagorean Gnostic Assembly in 1986 and again in 1994, and further consecrated within the Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO) by Frater Superior William Breeze in 1987 and later again by their U.S. Grand Master General David Scriven, but has long parted ways with the OTO in favor of the broadly-based Free Illuminist movement. His episcopal title "Tau" is sometimes abbreviated as "T" and prefixed to his legal name, and thus he may also be referred to as T Allen Greenfield. A former member of Ordo Templi Orientis and editor of the Eulis Lodge journal LAShTAL, Greenfield has more recently become a critic of the Order's upper management. In February 2006, he called for their resignation and stepped down from all managerial duties in protest, issuing a strong criticism of the current Outer Head of the Order, William Breeze.
A past (elected) member of the Society for Psychical Research and the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (from 1960), he has twice been the recipient of the "UFOlogist of the Year Award" of the National UFO Conference (1972 and 1992).
His book Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts ("a very strange book, even for the field of UFOlogy") discusses UFOs in terms derived from Carl Jung, according to Robert Anton Wilson. His The Story of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light includes discussion of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light vs. Helena Blavatsky's Brotherhood of Luxor but is, according to a reviewer in Aries, to be used "with care". His book The Compleat Rite of Memphis is a comprehensive history of an Egyptian Rite of Freemasonry, and he edited an authorized, annotated edition of the work Liber Thirty-One by Charles Stansfeld Jones.
- Silver Bridge, by Gray Barker, introduction by Allen Greenfield. Saucerian Books, 1970. Library of Congress Catalogue Number 70-119512.
- Saucers and Saucerers. PANP Press, 1975.
- The Complete Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts. PARANOIA Publishing, 2016. ISBN 978-1-365-20939-0
- Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts. Illuminet Press, 1994; Revised Edition Manutius Press, 2005. ISBN 1-4116-6759-X
- The Story of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light. Looking Glass Press, 1997. ISBN 91-88708-03-9
- The Compleat Rite of Memphis. Luxor Press, 1998. ISBN 1-891948-01-6
- Liber Thirty-One (The Authorized Edition by C.S. Jones (Frater Achad); edited and annotated by T Allen Greenfield. Luxor Press, 1998. ISBN 1-891948-00-8
- The Book of Lies: The Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult. Edited by Richard Metzger; Allen Greenfield, contributor. Disinformation Books, 2003. ISBN 0-9713942-7-X
- Secret Rituals of the Men in Black. Manutius Press, 2005. ISBN 1-4116-6764-6
- The Roots of Modern Magick: Glimpses of the Authentic Tradition from 1700-2000, An Anthology. Revised edition, Manutius Press, 2006. ISBN 978-1-4116-8978-7
- The Compleat Rite of Memphis. Revised edition, Createspace, 2014. ISBN 978-1502371867
- Christ and the Master Therion. Revised edition, by T Allen Greenfield (Author), Charles Stansfeld Jones (Author). Createspace, 2012. ISBN 978-1478292722
- Angel Spells: The Enochian Occult Workbook Of Charms, Seals, Talismans And Ciphers. by Maria D' Andrea (Author), Sean Casteel (Author), William Alexander Oribello (Author), Bishop Allen Greenfield (Author), Timothy Green Beckley (Introduction). Inner Light - Global Communications, 2014. ISBN 978-1606111642
- Michael Bertiaux - consecrated Greenfield as Bishop
- Greenfield, T. Allen (2006). A Statement Regarding the Ordo Templi Orientis
- Wilson, Robert A. (2009). Everything is Under Control. HarperCollins. p. 412. ISBN 9780061984310.
- French, Brendan (2007). "Blavatsky, Dostoevskii, and Occult Starchestvo". Aries. 7: 161–84. doi:10.1163/157005907X202345.
- Assembly of the Knowledge & Wisdom of Solomon
- Book Review: Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts in Saucer Smear, Volume 42, No. 1, January 5, 1995.
- Reviews: "Secret Cipher of The UFOnauts by Allen H. Greenfield" in Nexus New Times Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 24, Feb-March, 1995.
- Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts: Reviewed by Dean James in Journal of Possible Paradigms, Issue 5, Spring 1998.