Allen H. Greenfield
Allen Henry Greenfield is an American occultist, UFOlogist, and author long involved in the free illuminist movement. He was consecrated as Tau Sir Hasirim in 1993 by Hierophant Michael Bertiaux of Chicago, Illinois. He was a member of Ordo Templi Orientis and editor of the Eulis Lodge journal LAShTAL, but has parted ways with the OTO in favor of the broadly-based Free Illuminist movement.
His episcopal title "Tau" is sometimes abbreviated as "T" and prefixed to his legal name, and thus he may also be referred to as T Allen Greenfield.
A past (elected) member of the Society for Psychical Research and the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (from 1960), Greenfield has twice been the recipient of the "UFOlogist of the Year Award" of the National UFO Conference (1972 and 1992).
Greenfield was elected to the mystical episcopate of the Neopythagorean Gnostic Assembly in 1986 and again in 1994. He was consecrated within the Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO) by Frater Superior William Breeze on November 19, 1988. He was consecrated Tau Sir Hasirim on December 4, 1993, by Hierophant Michael Bertiaux of Chicago, Illinois. He was reconsecrated by OTO U.S. Grand Master General David Scriven on May 25, 1997. As a member of Ordo Templi Orientis, he held the position of editor of the Eulis Lodge journal LAShTAL.
In February 2006, Greenfield began to criticize Ordo Templi Orientis upper management. He called for their resignation and stepped down from all managerial duties in protest, issuing a strong criticism of the current Outer Head of the Order, William Breeze. This was accepted as a full resignation from the Order. Since then, Greenfield has devoted his energies to the worldwide Free Illuminist or Congregational Illuminist Movement.
His book Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts discusses UFOs in terms derived from Carl Jung, according to Robert Anton Wilson. In it, extended the work of James Lees, Carol Smith, and Jake Stratton-Kent, by taking the English Qaballa, also known the "ALW cipher" or "NAEQ Cipher" and started to put non-Thelamic words and phases through it with very interesting results. His research into non-standard use fo the cipher eventually culminated in his book "The Complete Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts".
His The Story of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light includes discussion of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light vs. Helena Blavatsky's Brotherhood of Luxor but is, according to a reviewer in Aries, to be used "with care".
- Saucers and Saucerers. PANP Press. 1975.
- Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts. Dilburn, Georgia: IllumiNet Press. 1994. ISBN 978-1-881532-04-0.
- The Story of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light. Looking Glass Press. 1997. ISBN 91-88708-03-9.
- The Compleat Rite of Memphis. Luxor Press. 1998. ISBN 1-891948-01-6..
- The secret rituals of the men in black. 1998.
- Greenfield, Allen (2019). Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts (Revised ed.). Paranoia Press. ISBN 978-1089589044.
- Greenfield, Allen (2019). Secret Rituals of the Men in Black (Revised ed.). Paranoia Press. ISBN 978-1089805861.
- Greenfield, Allen (2021). The Compleat Rite of Memphis (Revised ed.). The Celestial Lodge of Sirius. ISBN 979-8700301213..
- Greenfield, Allen (2018). The Complete SECRET CIPHER Of the UFOnauts. Paranoia Press. ISBN 978-1718645356..
- Greenfield, Allen (2021). The Roots of Modern Magick: Glimpses of the Authentic Tradition from 1700-2000. The Celestial Lodge of Sirius. ISBN 979-8592391897..
- Greenfield, Allen (2022). SAUCERS AND SAUCERERS: The stranger than fiction story of UFOs and those who chase them!. The Celestial Lodge of Sirius. ISBN 979-8824123081..
- Greenfield, Allen (2021). The Story Of The Hermetic Brotherhood Of Light Paperback. The Celestial Lodge of Sirius. ISBN 979-8532256422..
- Greenfield, Allen (2020). Dr. Randolph’s Magical Elixir: The Story of the 19th Century Genius Who Created WESTERN Sexual Magic. The Celestial Lodge of Sirius. ISBN 979-8685694300..
- Greenfield, Allen (2021). The Grail Within: The True Quest for the Holy Grail and the Western Sex Magick Tradition. The Celestial Lodge of Sirius. ISBN 979-8599861911..
- Greenfield, Allen (1970). Introduction. Silver Bridge. By Barker, Gray. Saucerian Books. LCCN 70-119512.
- Achad, Frater (1998). Greenfield, Allen (ed.). Liber Thirty-One. Luxor Press. ISBN 1-891948-00-8.
- Metzger, Richard, ed. (2003). The Book of Lies: The Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult. Allen Greenfield, contributor. Disinformation Books. ISBN 0-9713942-7-X.
- Zagami (2018), p. 125.
- Zagami (2018), p. 117.
- Zagami (2018), p. 118.
- Greenfield (2006).
- Zagami (2018), pp. 125–126.
- Kaminsky (2012).
- Wilson (2009), p. 412.
- "Hermetic Alchemical Order of QBLH | Encyclopedia.com". www.encyclopedia.com. Retrieved November 6, 2022.
- Stratton-Kent (2011).
- Collier & Keith (n.d.).
- French (2007).
- Collier, Wren; Keith, Alynne (n.d.). "About NAEQ". naeq.io. Retrieved February 19, 2020.
- French, Brendan (2007). "Blavatsky, Dostoevskii, and Occult Starchestvo". Aries. 7 (2): 161–84. doi:10.1163/157005907X202345.
- Greenfield, Allen (2006). "A Statement Regarding the Ordo Templi Orientis". mindspring.com. Archived from the original on April 21, 2019.
- Kaminsky, Greg (July 18, 2012). "Congregational Illuminism". Retrieved February 22, 2022.
- Stratton-Kent, Jake (2011). The Serpent Tongue: Liber 187. UK: Hadean Press. ISBN 978-1-907881-07-7.
- Wilson, Robert A. (2009). Everything is Under Control. HarperCollins. ISBN 9780061984310.
- Zagami, Leo Lyon (2018). The Invisible Master: Secret Chiefs, Unknown Superiors, and the Puppet Masters Who Pull the Strings of Occult Power from the Alien World. CCC Publishing. ISBN 978-1888729702.
- Greenfield, Allen (n.d.). "Inquisition In 21st Century America". b-oto.org. Retrieved February 22, 2022.
- Anonymous (February–March 1995). "Reviews: Secret Cipher of The UFOnauts by Allen H. Greenfield". Nexus New Times Magazine. Vol. 2, no. 24. Archived from the original on March 13, 2007.
- James, Dean (Spring 1998). "Secret Cypher of the UFOnauts by Allen Greenfield". Journal of Possible Paradigms. No. 5. Archived from the original on March 28, 2003.
- Moseley, James W. (January 5, 1995). "Book Review: Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts". Saucer Smear. Vol. 42, no. 1. Archived from the original on December 9, 2006.