Allen Independent School District
|Allen Independent School District|
|612 E Bethany Rd.|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Dr. Scott Niven|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||1,337 (2017) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||16 (2017)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 6A Football & Basketball|
Allen Independent School District is a public school district based in Allen, Texas (USA). Allen ISD covers most of the city of Allen, as well as portions of the cities of McKinney, Plano, and Parker. The district has a total enrollment of 21,000 students, with an expected growth rate of 1-2% per year.
As of the 2016-2017 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $10,146,542,000. The maintenance tax rate was $1.14 and the bond tax rate was $0.45 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
In 2013, the Texas Education Agency changed the rating system. A district can now get one out of four possible rankings: Met Standard, Met Alternative Standard, Improvement Required, and Not Rated.
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2018: Not Released
- 2017: Met Standard
- 2016: Met Standard
- 2015: Met Standard
- 2014: Met Standard
- 2013: Met Standard
- 2012: N/A
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Exemplary
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2016-2017 school year, the district had students in twenty-three schools.
High schools (10-12)
Freshmen center (9)
Middle schools (7-8)
- Curtis Middle School
- Ereckson Middle School
- Ford Middle School
Elementary schools (EE, K-6)
- Anderson Elementary
- Bolin Elementary
- Boon Elementary
- Boyd Elementary
- Chandler Elementary
- Cheatham Elementary
- Evans Elementary
- Flossie Floyd Green Elementary
- Kerr Elementary
- Lindsey Elementary
- Marion Elementary
- Norton Elementary School
- Olson Elementary
- Preston Elementary
- Reed Elementary
- Rountree Elementary
- Story Elementary
- Vaughan Elementary
- Collin County JJAEP (Grades 6-12)
- Dillard Special Achievement Center (Grades K-12)
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.59%|
Allen High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, soccer, swimming, and wrestling, track, golf, tennis, and cross country. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming, and volleyball. Allen High School participates in UIL Class 6A-1 as the second-largest school in the state (nearby Plano East is the largest).
The Eagle Stadium was built for $60 million, and was a part of a $120 million bond issue. It opened in 2012. In February 2014 cracks appeared, and the district closed the stadium for repairs. The stadium was reopened in June 2015 after completing in excess of $10 million worth of repairs.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Allen ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Allen High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Facts & Figures". Allen ISD. Archived from the original on 2007-09-21. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 28 June 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability Rating System".
- "2007 No Child Left Behind - Blue Ribbon Schools: All Public Elementary Schools" (PDF). US Department of Education. p. 9. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- "About Us / District Profile - Allen ISD Facts and Figures". www.allenisd.org. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "Cracks force closure of Allen's $60M Eagle Stadium Archived 2014-03-05 at the Wayback Machine.." WFAA-TV and the Associated Press at WFAA-TV. February 27, 2014. Retrieved on February 28, 2014.
- Chiquillo, Julieta (June 2, 2015). "Allen's Eagle Stadium to reopen for graduation after $10 million-plus in fixes". Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 27 June 2015.