|Born||1961 (age 54–55)
|Alma mater||Makerere University
(Bachelor of Science in Psychology)
University of Liverpool
(Masters of Public Administration)
|Years active||1985 — present|
|Known for||Administrative Skills, Integrity|
Uganda National Roads Authority
Allen Catherine Kagina is a Ugandan administrator. She is the executive director of the Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA). She was appointed to that position on 27 April 2015. Before that, from 2004 until 2014, she served as the director general of the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA).
Background and education
She was born in Rukungiri District, Western Region of Uganda, in 1961. Kagina studied at Gayaza High School, a prestigious, private, boarding, all-girl middle and high school. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology obtained from Makerere University, Uganda's oldest and largest public university. She also holds a Masters in Public Administration obtained from the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom.
Kagina started her career in 1985 as a teaching assistant at Makerere University. She later moved to the Office of the President. In 1992, she joined the URA as a senior principal revenue officer, serving in that capacity until 1998. In 2000, she was promoted to the rank of deputy commissioner for customs at URA, serving in that capacity until 2001. She was appointed commissioner general of URA in 2004. She is credited with improving the URA's financial performance. She was awarded the Corporate Leadership Award in February 2006, by Destiny Consult, an industry group, for turning around the performance of the tax body since her appointment to head the organization in 2004. In October 2010, her contract was renewed for another three years. Her monthly salary was reported to be UGX:28 million (approximately: US$11,250). On 27 April 2015, John Byabagambi, the Ugandan Minister of Works and Transport at that time, appointed her as the executive director of the UNRA, effective 1 May 2015.
- Bwire, Nelson (27 April 2015). "Allen Kagina To Head UNRA". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- Kaujju, Peter (24 March 2007). "More Changes In URA". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Mwesigye, Shifa (2 January 2011). "Despite Its Rich Profile, Rukungiri Wallows In Poverty". Kampala: The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- Nakaweesi, Dorothy (29 June 2010). "Allen The Tax Collector And Mother". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- David Mugabe, and Mark Owor (15 July 2010). "Kagina Set to Stay at Helm of Revenue Body". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Olaki, Emmy (8 February 2006). "Kagina gets leadership award". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Mugerwa, Yasiin (15 May 2015). "Highest paid government officials named". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Bwire, Nelson (27 April 2015). "Allen Kagina to head UNRA". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Sanya, Samuel (25 October 2014). "What Makes Allen Kagina Tick". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 20 October 2016.