Allen Township, LaSalle County, Illinois
Location in La Salle County
LaSalle County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.23 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Land||36.23 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||692 ft (211 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||16.1/sq mi (6.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
60437, 60470, 61364
Allen Township is one of thirty-seven townships in La Salle County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 584 and it contained 259 housing units. Allen Township was formed from Bruce Township on an unknown date. The township bears the name of Allen Stevens, a pioneer settler.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.23 square miles (93.8 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these two cemeteries: Allen and Saint Patrick's Catholic.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Illinois's 11th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 38
- "Allen Township, La Salle County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Callary, Edward (29 September 2008). Place Names of Illinois. University of Illinois Press. p. 5. ISBN 978-0-252-09070-7.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.