Allen Township, Miami County, Indiana
Location in Miami County
|Named for||William Allen|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||21.62 sq mi (56.0 km2)|
|• Land||21.51 sq mi (55.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.11 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.51%|
|Elevation||837 ft (255 m)|
|• Density||32.3/sq mi (12.5/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46910, 46951|
|GNIS feature ID||0453085|
Allen Township was organized in 1859.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 21.62 square miles (56.0 km2), of which 21.51 square miles (55.7 km2) (or 99.49%) is land and 0.11 square miles (0.28 km2) (or 0.51%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Birmingham at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Wagoner at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Five Corners and Plainview.
- 5 Corners Cemetery
- Plainview Cemetery
- North Miami Community Schools
- Indiana's 5th congressional district
- State House District 23
- State Senate District 18
- "Allen Township, Miami County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Miami County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1887. p. 281.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Allen Township
||Rochester Township, Fulton County||Henry Township, Fulton County|
|Liberty Township, Fulton County||Perry Township|