Allen H. Weisselberg
|Born||August 15, 1947|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Pace College|
|Years active||2017- present|
|Known for||CFO of The Trump Organization|
Allen Howard Weisselberg (born August 15, 1947) is an American businessman. He is the chief financial officer (CFO) of The Trump Organization. Weisselberg and Donald Trump Jr. also serve as the two sole trustees of the company, making them the only people who know details of the Trump trust's finances.
He has been subpoenaed by a grand jury to testify in the probe into campaign finance violations and tax and bank fraud by Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, who pleaded guilty in August 2018 to the charges, implicating Trump in a statement made under oath.
Weisselberg was born in Brooklyn, New York, and grew up in Brownsville. He went to Thomas Jefferson High School and received an accounting degree from Pace College in 1970. He is of Jewish ancestry.
Following college, Weisselberg worked as an accountant for real estate magnate Fred Trump in the 1970s. By the late 1980s, he was controller of the organization and worked under CFO Stephen Bollenbach. In 2000, Weisselberg was named chief financial officer and Vice President of Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts. He also served as treasurer of the Donald J. Trump Foundation, and has handled the household expenses of the Trump family.
On January 11, 2017, it was announced that Weisselberg would serve as a trustee at the Trump Organization alongside Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr. while Donald Trump serves as President of the United States. On April 4, 2017, a report by ProPublica revealed Eric Trump was downgraded from trustee to an adviser to the trust, leaving Trump Jr. and Weisselberg as its sole trustees. The report clarifies that the only people who know the details of the Trump trust's finances are its trustees.
The Wall Street Journal reported on July 26, 2018, that Weisselberg had been subpoenaed to testify before a federal grand jury regarding the Cohen investigation. The Wall Street Journal reported on August 24, 2018, that Weisselberg had testified and been granted witness immunity by federal prosecutors in regard to the Cohen probe.
- "Trump Lawyer Confirms President Can Pull Money From His Businesses Whenever He Wants — ProPublica". ProPublica. April 4, 2017. Retrieved August 22, 2018.
- O’Brien, Rebecca Davis; Ballhaus, Rebecca; Rothfeld, Michael; Berzon, Alexandra (July 26, 2018). "Trump Organization Finance Chief Called to Testify Before Federal Grand Jury". Retrieved August 23, 2018 – via www.wsj.com.
- "How Trump Invented Trump". Retrieved August 22, 2018.
- Low-Key ‘Wallpaper’ Jewish Exec Catapults to Top of Trump Organization, Fast Forward, January 11, 2017.
- Teitelbaum, Richard (November 5, 2016). "Donald Trump's Loyal Numbers Man". Wall Street Journal.
- "Inside the Trump Organization, the Company That Has Run Trump's Big World". Retrieved August 22, 2018.
- O’Brien, Rebecca Davis; Ballhaus, Rebecca; Rothfeld, Michael; Berzon, Alexandra (July 26, 2018). "Trump Organization Finance Chief Called to Testify Before Federal Grand Jury". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on July 26, 2018. Retrieved July 27, 2018.
- Palazzolo, Joe; Hong, Nicole; Rothfeld, Michael; O'Brien, Rebecca Davis (November 9, 2018). "Donald Trump Played Central Role in Hush Payoffs to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal". The Wall Street Journal.
Had he just paid the ex-adult film star himself, Mr. Trump would have been out of pocket $130,000. Instead, Mr. Weisselberg authorized a reimbursement of twice that much, characterized in Mr. Trump’s records as legal fees, to cover the income tax hit Mr. Cohen would take. He also added a $60,000 bonus. Mr. Cohen received the money in monthly installments of $35,000.
- Breuninger, Dan Mangan, Kevin (July 26, 2018). "Trump Org. CFO mentioned in Michael Cohen tape called by grand jury to testify: WSJ". Retrieved August 22, 2018.
- Ballhaus, Rebecca; Hong, Nicole. "Allen Weisselberg, Longtime Trump Organization CFO, Testified and Was Granted Immunity in Cohen Probe". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- "The Apprentice: Season 2 - Episodic". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. September 8, 2004. Retrieved July 28, 2018.
200 Flanked by this week's field judges, Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg and Carolyn Kepcher, Donald Trump assigns the latest task to the revamped teams gathered in Central Park[...]