York playing for the Chicago Express in 2012
June 17, 1989 |
Wetaskiwin, AB, CAN
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
Columbus Blue Jackets
|NHL Draft||158th overall, 2007
Columbus Blue Jackets
|Competitor for Canada West|
|World Junior A Challenge|
Allen York (born June 17, 1989) is a Canadian ice hockey goaltender currently playing for the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League (AHL). York was selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 6th round (158th overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Prior to turning professional, York attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute where he played three seasons with the R.P.I. Engineers which competed in the NCAA's Division I's, ECAC Hockey conference.
In his rookie professional season in 2011–12 on October 19, 2011, the Blue Jackets called up York on emergency recall from the AHL affiliate, the Springfield Falcons after injuries to Mark Dekanich and Curtis Sanford. He made his NHL debut and played his first game on October 25, 2011 against the Detroit Red Wings when Steve Mason was injured in the first period. Later in the season in a second emergency recall, on March 28, 2012 he made 29 saves for his first NHL victory, as the Columbus Blue Jackets defeated the Detroit Red Wings, 4-2.
A free agent from the Blue Jackets, on September 12, 2013 Allen joined the Nashville Predators training camp on a pro tryout. Unable to secure a NHL contract with Nashville, York upon his release signed to remain with the Evansville Icemen for the 2013–14 season. After an earlier single game stint with the Charlotte Checkers, on November 2, 2013, York was loaned to the Texas Stars of the AHL on a pro tryout contract before returning to the IceMen after 6 games with the Stars on December 5. Five days later, York was assigned on try-out to a short stint with the Rockford IceHogs.
On December 20, 2013, York was listed and played on team Canada's Spengler Cup roster. York played only 6 games with the IceMen before on January 14, 2014, he was traded to the South Carolina Stingrays in for future considerations. York continued his whirlwind season by later joining his fourth AHL club and sixth team in the season, in playing six game with the Syracuse Crunch on loan before returning to the Stingrays.
York was rewarded from his earlier tenure with the Crunch in signing as a free agent on one-year AHL contract with the club on July 8, 2014. After playing the first half of the 2014–15 season, with ECHL affiliate the Florida Everblades, York made his Crunch debut on February 7, 2015 against the Springfield Falcons. On February 23, 2015, York was signed for the remainder of the season on a two-way deal with NHL affiliate, the Tampa Bay Lightning.
|2011–12||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||11||3||2||0||417||16||0||2.30||.919||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||South Carolina Stingrays||ECHL||14||8||4||1||786||30||1||2.29||.922||3||0||3||179||7||0||2.35||920|
Awards and honours
|All-ECAC Second Team||2009–10|||
|All-ECAC Third Team||2010–11|
- "Goaltender Allen York Signs NHL Contract With Columbus Blue Jackets". Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. 2011-03-29. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- "Columbus Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson dishes out blame, team responds". FOX Sports. 2011-10-25. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- "Finally! Jackets win one". Canoe.ca. 2011-10-26. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "York earns 1st NHL win in emergency start". Yahoo! Sports. 2012-03-28. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Notes from day 1 training camp with Nashville Predators". smashville247.net. 2013-09-13. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "York, IceMen agree to terms for 2013-14". Evansville IceMen. 2014-10-04. Retrieved 2014-10-04.
- "Stingrays acquire goaltender Allen York". South Carolina Stingrays. 2014-01-14. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Crunch signs Allen York to AHL contract". Syracuse Crunch. 2014-07-08. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- "Lightning sign Goaltender Allen York to contract". Tampa Bay Lightning. 2015-02-23. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "NCAA (ECAC) Second All-Star Team". eliteprospects.com. 2012-11-02. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- Allen York's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Allen York's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey goaltender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|