The Allentown Fairgrounds is located at 302 North 17th Street in Allentown, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania. It hosts the annual Great Allentown Fair in late summer. The fairgrounds, which was established in 1889, is composed of 46 acres and is owned and operated by the Lehigh County Agricultural Society.
The Allentown Fairgrounds offers many attractions:
- Grandstand - A large outdoor stage where big-name musicians perform
- Farmerama Theater - An amphitheater where talent contests are held and assorted daytime entertainment takes place
- Music Tent - A tent where bands perform when an area as large as the Grandstand is not needed
- Main Entrance Plaza - An area where special shows, such as juggling acts, are held
- Agriplex/Agriland - The fair's agricultural-themed areas
During the rest of the year (apart from the week prior to and the week of the fair), the area beneath the grandstand, and an adjoining building, together host an indoor farmers' market, usually open Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but also open additional weekdays before and/or after major holidays. The Agriplex buildings also host a wide variety of events throughout the year, which are listed separately on the fair's Web site.
- "Allentown Fair - About Us". Allentownfair.com. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- "Allentown Fairgrounds Farmers Market - Always Fresh". allentownfarmersmarket.com. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- "Allentown Fair - Trade Shows & Events". Allentownfair.com. Retrieved 25 September 2017.