|• Mayor||Jørgen Johansen (C)|
|• Total||67.44 km2 (26.04 sq mi)|
|Population (1 April 2014)|
|• Density||360/km2 (930/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Allerød Kommune is a municipality (Danish, kommune) on the island of Zealand (Sjælland) in eastern Denmark. The municipality covers an area of 67 km², and has a population of 24,201 (1 April 2014). Its mayor is Jørgen Johansen, a member of the Conservative People's Party (Det Konservative Folkeparti) political party.
The main town, Lillerød, is also the site of the municipal council, and most people say 'Allerød'. Smaller towns inside the municipality are Blovstrød and the towns of Lynge and Uggeløse, which have grown together
Allerød municipality was not merged with other municipalities by 1 January 2007 as the result of nationwide Kommunalreformen ("The Municipality Reform" of 2007).
In 1797 six Bronze Age lurs was found in Lynge at Brudevælte.
Allerød is part of the Green Cities concept 
The zip/postal code for Lillerød is 3450.
Allerød has a large concentration of technology companies in its industrial zones at the outskirts of the town. These include the hearing aid company Widex, Welltech, a developer of robotic technology for the off-shore industry and Weibel Scientific, a designer and manufacturer of continuous wave doppler radars. Hewlett-Packard's Danish headquarters moved to Allerød in . IBM has a large facility in Blovstrød, just outside Allerød, Widex in Vassingerød.
Other companies headquartered in Allerød are the engineering consultancy NIRAS, drug store and cosmetics chain MATAS, the development company Sjælsø Gruppen and the furniture companies Fritz Hansen and PP-Møbler.
Mungo Park is a small but very influential theatre, in the town centre.
- Andreas Christensen, footballer, was born in Lillerød
- Kate Hall, singer, grew up in Allerød
- Lotte Friis, Olympic Swimmer, was born in Allerød
- Jussi Adler-Olsen, author, lives in Allerød
- Green Cities concept in english
- "HP indvier sit nye danske hovedsæde". Computerworld. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map