Alles Ist Gut
|Alles ist gut|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||December 1980 - January 1981|
|Studio||Conny Plank's Studio, Neunkirchen, Germany|
|Producer||Konrad "Conny" Plank|
|Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft chronology|
Alles ist gut (Everything Is Fine) is the third album by the electropunk band Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft. It was released in 1981 and was the band's first album on the Virgin Records label. It includes the hit single "Der Mussolini". The album was a hit in Germany, charting for 46 weeks.
The album was reissued on Mute Records in 1998.
The album was in the German charts for 46 weeks, peaking at no. 15, and the Austrian charts for 8 weeks, peaking at no. 16. It received the German "Schallplattenpreis" award by the "Deutsche Phono-Akademie", an association of the German recording industry.
The Allmusic Guide to Electronica notes how the album worked musically: "keeping the electronic brutality that characterized them, but stripped down to nothing but Görl's massive drumming, electronic bass and synth tones, and Delgado's deep, commanding singing." Trouser Press notes that "typical funk rhythms are replaced by industrial pulses (trains, etc.)" and notes the pop potential of the vocal styles used.
Paul Morley in New Musical Express characterised the album as "slimy, steamy sex music", an evocation of "the rubbing, juices, pounding, striving, belching, stickiness ... the smells, the rhythms, the passions, the secretions, the darkness, the tears of S.E.X." Simon Reynolds, in Rip It Up and Start Again: Postpunk 1978–1984, notes the influence Alles Ist Gut had on Morley's later marketing and image for Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
- "Sato-Sato" ("Sato-Sato") 2:43
- "Der Mussolini" ("The Mussolini") 3:50
- "Rote Lippen" ("Red lips") 2:41
- "Mein Herz macht Bum" ("My heart goes boom") 4:26
- "Der Räuber und der Prinz" ("The robber and the prince") 3:27
- "Ich und die Wirklichkeit" ("Me and reality") 3:05
- "Als wär's das letzte Mal" ("Like it was the last time") 3:24
- "Verlier' nicht den Kopf" ("Don't lose your head") 3:17
- "Alle gegen Alle" ("Everyone against Everyone") 3:55
- "Alles ist gut" ("Everything is fine") 3:25
- Alles Ist Gut at AllMusic
- "Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft (DAF) - Alles ist gut". hitparade.ch. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "Albums and Tracks of the Year". NME. 2016. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- Ned Raggett. "DAF." AllMusic Guide to Electronica: the definitive guide to electronic music, p114. Vladimir Bogdanov, ed., 2001. Backbeat Books. ISBN 0-87930-628-9.
- Grant, Steven; Robbins, Ira. "DEUTSCHE AMERIKANISCHE FREUNDSCHAFT". Trouser Press. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Quoted in Reynolds, Simon (February 2006). "Chapter 22: Raiding The Twentieth Century: ZTT, The Art Of Noise, and Frankie Goes To Hollywood". Rip It Up and Start Again: Postpunk 1978–1984 (paperback) (US ed.). Penguin Books. ISBN 1-4295-2667-X.