|Operating bases||Adelaide Airport
|Destinations||42 (6 scheduled)|
|Parent company||Alliance Aviation Services Limited|
|Headquarters||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
|Key people||Steve Padgett (Chairman)
Scott McMillan (Managing Director)
Alliance Airlines is an air charter company based at Brisbane International Airport in Queensland providing fly-in fly-out (FIFO) transportation to the mining and energy sector. The company owns and operates a fleet of Fokker jet and turboprop aircraft out of Brisbane, Adelaide, Townsville, Cairns, Melbourne, and Perth with an operating base currently under establishment in Darwin. Alliance also provides ad hoc charter and ACMI lease services to a range of corporate and government customers. Alliance is publicly listed on the ASX. For the financial year ended June 30, 2012 it posted a pro-forma net profit after tax of $19.1 million on revenues of $184.2 million. The airline has a market capitalisation of approximately $190 million.
Alliance was established in 2002 when Brisbane-based Queensland Airline Holdings acquired the assets of the dormant Flight West Airlines, which had been established in May 1987 and was liquidated in 2001. Alliance commenced operations with two Fokker 100. Alliance has since expanded its fleet and operational capabilities to service the growing demand from the mining and energy sector. The airline is wholly owned by Alliance Aviation Services Limited and has 453 employees. Steve Padgett who is chairman is part owner with Stephen Bond and Hugh Jones, chief executive of New Zealand-based Airwork.
Alliance has a limited network of scheduled routes. These are the following from their timetable:
- Brisbane to Emerald
- Perth to Karratha
- Perth to Port Hedland
- Perth to Newman
- Port Hedland to Newman
Alliance currently operates services from seven airport bases, including Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, and Townsville to 28 mine sites across Australia under its FIFO contracts, connecting employees and remote mining and energy projects. Alliance Airlines currently flies workers to some of the largest mining projects in Australia including Argyle, Ballera, Cannington, Cloncurry, Groote Eylandt, Lawn Hill, Mt Isa, Nickel West, Olympic Dam, Phosphate Hill, Prominent Hill, Shay Gap, Telfer, and the Granites. Alliance’s customers are predominantly major mining and energy companies including BHP Billiton, Newcrest Mining, Citic Pacific, Incitec Pivot, Minerals and Metals Group, Santos, and OZ Minerals.
Alliance will begin charter flights between Melbourne and Ayers Rock from 4 April 2014. Alliance has gained its biggest FIFO deal, a 5-year contract with BHP the airline will operate 36 sectors a week from Perth to Coondewana and Barimunya airports, which are both owned by BHP Billiton Iron Ore Pty.
Alliance currently operates a pre-flight lounge at Perth Airport, in domestic Terminal 2, for its BHP Billiton Iron Ore, St. Barbara LTD and Citic Pacific Mining contracts.
- "Alliance Adds Additional Fleet Unit" - Alliance Airlines Media Release
- "Alliance Airlines - Home". Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Alliance flags more aircraft | Australian Aviation Magazine. Australianaviation.com.au. Retrieved on 2013-07-16.
- "Alliance Airlines flags more aircraft". Australian Aviation. 2012-10-22.
- smh. "Queensland Premier clears Alliance Airlines, Australia's newest carrier, for take off - Latest Travel News - July 2002 - ASIA Travel Tips.com". Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- lockheed martin | 2002 | 2356 | Flight Archive. Flightglobal.com (2002-08-12). Retrieved on 2013-07-16.
- "Rebranded Alliance Airlines plans Expansion". Flight International. 2002-08-06. p. 4.
- Australian civil aircraft register search, using "Alliance Airlines" as the search parameter. Search conducted 16 May 2014
- "Airwork Boeing 737-476 returns to Perth after completing maintenance in Auckland". Australian Aviation. 2013-01-02. p. 59.
- Robert Upe. "Resort operator starts direct flights from Melbourne to Uluru". Traveller. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Alliance lands biggest FIFO deal yet with BHP Iron Ore contract". Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Tauck Tours using an Australian Fokker 50 in New Zealand". ch-aviation. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Tauck Tours using an Australian Fokker 50 in New Zealand". CH-Aviation. 2015-01-31.
- http://www.perthairport.com/getfile.aspx?Type=document&ID=6062&ObjectType=3&ObjectID=1275[broken citation]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alliance Airlines.|