Alliance Française de Dhaka
|Type||Cultural Institution, Language Learning Center|
|Services||French cultural and language education|
|Owner||Culture of France|
|Abdul Majid Chowdhury|
|Imroz Hassan Chowdhury|
|Director: Bruno Plasse|
Alliance Française de Dhaka or AFD is a nonprofit organization, which has been working in Bangladesh since 1959. Located at Dhanmondi, Dhaka, AFD celebrated its 50th anniversary of operating in Bangladesh in 2010. Sometimes referred as the French Cultural Center, Alliance Française de Dhaka works independently in close liaison with the High Commission of France in Bangladesh.
Alliance Française de Dhaka is located at 26 Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh, corner of Dhanmondi Road No. 3. As of 2012, two branches have been established at Gulshan and at Uttara.
Alliance Française de Dhaka promotes French culture, especially the French language to the local people of Bangladesh and at the same time, promotes the local Bangladeshi culture in France. Local personalities who are enthusiasts and partisans of the French culture, work as an executive committee for this organization.
Courses in French as a foreign language conform to the CEFR and Cadre européen commun de référence pour les langues (CECR).
Alliance Française de Dhaka organizes four sessions of courses each spanning for three months per year. There are three age groups: children (9-12), teenagers (13-15) and adults (16+). International exams like DELF, DALF, Test de connaissance du français (TCF), Test d'évaluation du français (TEF), and Diplôme d'Aptitude à l'Enseignement du Français Langue Étrangère (DAEFLE) are offered for all eligible students. Alliance Française de Dhaka has been preparing private courses for Bangladesh military and police personnel as well as tailor-made courses for diplomats and high ranking functionaries.
- Hafez Ahmed. "Culturetainment". Daily Sun. Dhaka. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "Alliance Française Team". Alliance Française de Dhaka. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- Sheikh Iraj. "In conversation with M. Bruno Plasse Director Alliance Française de Dhaka". The Independent. Dhaka. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Overview". bd.ambafrance.org. Embassy of France in Dhaka. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "50th anniversary of Alliance Francaise". The Daily Star. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- "50th anniversary celebrations of Alliance Française end tomorrow". The Financial Express. Dhaka. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- "Alliance Française de Dhaka". Alliance Française de Dhaka. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "Overview - La France au Bangladesh - Ambassade de France à Dacca". Ambafrance-bd.org. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "Google Maps". Maps.google.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- Hossain, Shakhawat (2008-06-22). "New branch of Alliance Française opens at Uttara". Star Campus. The Daily Star. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "Alliance Française opens new branch". New Age. Dhaka. 2012-01-24. Archived from the original on 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- ":: France Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce & Industry". CCIFB. Archived from the original on 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "Alliance Française wraps up: 50th anniversary programs". Dhaka Courier. 2010-02-11.
AFD now trains officers from the Navy, police headquarters and airforce, as well as diplomats and high ranking civil servants, said Monsieur Causeret
- "seed of happiness…". Seedofhappiness.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "Workshop on apparel fashion begins at Uttara". The Daily Star. 2009-07-31. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "The French Connection". The Daily Star. 2010-02-08. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alliance Française de Dhaka.|