Alliance of European National Movements
|Founded||24 October 2009|
|European Parliament group||Non-Inscrits|
The Alliance of European National Movements (AENM) is a European political party that was formed in Budapest on 24 October 2009 by a number of nationalist and far-right parties from countries in Europe. The alliance's founding members were Jobbik (the Alliance was established during their sixth party congress), France's National Front, Italy's Tricolour Flame, Sweden's National Democrats and Belgium's National Front. At the end of 2011, Marine Le Pen, new leader of the French National Front resigned from the AENM and joined the EAF (European Alliance for Freedom).
At a press conference held in Strasbourg on 16 June 2010 the political leadership of the AENM was confirmed as follows: President Bruno Gollnisch, Vice President Nick Griffin, Treasurer Béla Kovács, and Secretary General Valerio Cignetti.
In October 2013, Marine Le Pen requested that Gollnisch and Jean-Marie Le Pen leave the AENM in order to join the more moderate EAF and so unify the French National Front under the EAF banner. Marine Le Pen has tried to "de-demonize" the party, i.e. to give it a more acceptable image. Cooperation with the openly racist and antisemitic parties present in the AENM was seen as contradictory to these aims. On November 7, the two declared they have followed the request and left the AENM. This also meant the end of Gollnisch's term as the AENM's chairman, a place occupied by Béla Kovács since January 2014.
In the spring of 2013 Svoboda lost its observer status after a conflict with other member groups over its policies towards ethnic minorities in the West of Ukraine. However Svoboda maintained its informal affiliation with the group until March 2014 Svoboda announced its withdrawal of its observer status from AENM citing several members of the alliance making "statements supporting the Russian sponsored separatist forces and support for the Russian Armed Forces occupation of Ukrainian territory". The leader of alliance Béla Kovács had served as an observer at the 2014 Donbass parliamentary election.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|National Democratic Party||ND||Bulgaria||0||0|
|British National Party||BNP||United Kingdom||0||0|
|Republican Social Movement||MSR||Spain||0||0|
|National Renovator Party||PNR||Portugal||0||0|
|Blue and White Front||SVR||Finland||0||0|
Associate members (individuals)
|Christian Verougstraete||Belgium||Vlaams Belang|
|Dailis Alfonsas Barakauskas||Lithuania||Order and Justice|
|National Front (France)||FN||France||On 2010 left to form EAF|
|National Democrats (Sweden)||ND||Sweden||On April 2014 party dissolved|
Former observer members
|All-Ukrainian Union "Svoboda"||ВОС||Ukraine||On March 2014 withdrawal after disagreement about Ukrainian crisis|
- Nathalie Brack; Olivier Costa (2014). How the EU Really Works. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. p. 120. ISBN 978-1-4724-1465-6.
- Far-right European parties forge alliance, EUbusiness.com, 2009-10-25,
A handful of European nationalist political parties have formed an alliance to represent them in Brussels... ... Negotiations are underway with like-minded Austrian, British, Spanish and Portuguese parties.External link in
- European nationalist parties form alliance, Taiwan News (source: Associated Press), 2009-10-24,
Hungary's Jobbik, France's National Front, Italy's Three-Color Flame, Sweden's National Democrats and Belgium's National Front formed the Alliance of European National Movements on Saturday and say they expect parties from Britain, Austria, Spain and Portugal to join them soon.
- "Marine Le Pen en Autriche". Front National. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- BNP in alliance with nationalists, BBC News, 2009-11-12
- Réunion de l’AEMN à Hédervár: une profession de foi pour l’Europe des patries (in French), Bruno Gollnisch, 2012-10-24
- "Alliance of European National Movements Expands to 9 Parties," British National Party. Retrieved 18-10-2013.
- Meade, Geoff (2009-11-12), Alliance of European Nationalist Mouvements, Fiamma Tricolore
- "France's FN to team up with other far Right parties for European elections". Telegraph.co.uk. 23 October 2013. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "FN : Jean-Marie Le Pen "obéit" à sa fille et quitte le parti pan-européen". RTL.fr. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- The old and new European friends of Ukraine’s far-right Svoboda party, Searchlightmagazine.com, 2013-09-03 External link in
- "Oleh Tiahnybok withdraws Svoboda's membership within the Alliance of European National Movements". Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- (Ukrainian) "Свобода" і європейські націоналісти: конфлікти є, війни нема "Svoboda" and European nationalists: conflicts are not the war, BBC Ukrainian (24 January 2013)
Europe's Far Right Is Embracing Putin, Business Insider (10 April 2014)