Alliance of Valiant Arms
|Alliance of Valiant Arms|
|Developer(s)||Red Duck, Inc.|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 3|
In North America and Europe, the game service is provided by En Masse Entertainment (previously Aeria Games and ijji), in the People's Republic of China, Tencent Games runs the server, and in Taiwan, it is run by Garena.(previously WarTown) In Japan the game is hosted on Pmang.
Players will join either the EU forces or NRF forces and attempt to complete their mission objective or eliminate the opposing team. There are 3 classes available in A.V.A, point man, rifleman, and sniper. A point man enjoys a quicker reload time and faster move speed, while a rifleman gains more ammo and the ability to hold more, along with heavier armor, and a sniper is allowed to use a sniper rifle and can fire shots that kill multiple targets. Each has their own advantage and disadvantage against other classes. Players are able to choose which class to play next during the game and also acquire Class Skills to further enhance unique characteristics of each class. The Team Fortress 2 weapon "The Black Rose" is also awarded to players who complete the Alliance of Valiant Arms achievement 1st One Down by creating a character and playing their first game. In addition, this achievement will unlock the Holy Mackerel melee weapon for use in Alliance of Valiant Arms.
Alliance of Valiant Arms uses a player ranking system based on total experience and common military ranks. Players may gain experience by playing through various game modes and completing objectives. Incentives to rank up include the ability to unlock and purchase various armor, equipment, and guns. The main in-game currency is the Euro, which can be used for purchases in the shop, repairing weapons, and to enter Capsule Shop drawings, which are lotteries for rare equipment. Euros are earned from finishing a match, a possible Quick Match reward, a bonus received from buying items with real money, and additionally, 2,000 Euros are received every hour playing the game (up to 7 times a day/12 times per week). Players can also purchase equipment from the shop using En Masse Points (EMP), which can be bought by the player using real-world money. Some items in the game can only be purchased using EMP. Most items in the shop can be bought for an expendable or permanent duration. Weapons have characteristics including Damage, Range, Accuracy, Stability, Mobility, ROF (Rate of Fire), and Ammo. These can be customized by the player through purchase of various add-ons.
There are currently 10 game modes in the En Masse version of A.V.A:
- Annihilation - Players will be pit against each other in two teams that will attempt to reach a pre-set score, similarly to Team Deathmatch. Alternatively, the team with the highest score once the time runs out will win.
- Demolition - To complete the mission, the EU forces must plant the bomb at one of the two bomb points while the NRF forces are tasked with stopping them. The EU forces will win if the bomb is detonated while the NRF must disarm the bomb if it has been planted to win. Alternatively, one team will win if the opposing team is eliminated (if the bomb has not been set). If the bomb is set the NRF must either A) just defuse the bomb by defending their defuser or B) eliminate the EU Forces AND disable the bomb. In either case the bomb must be defused once it has been set.
- Escort - The EU forces must escort a tank past enemy lines and repair it if struck down, while the NRF forces will be tasked with preventing this, usually by constantly taking the tank down with RPGs.
- Domination - Both teams compete for domination over a target. The team with higher domination gauge or the one in control of the target when both sides have the same gauge will win.
- Free For All - Players are pit against each other. The match ends when one player reaches the pre-set score or time runs out in which the player with the highest score wins.
- Cross Steal - Both teams are tasked with retrieving the enemy's launch key and returning it to their own base, while defending their own launch key.
- Infection - Each match will begin with a countdown. During the countdown, players must set up a defensive position or plan a strategy to combat against the zombies. When the countdown is up, one or more players (depending on the total number of players in the match) are transformed into zombies randomly. Human players must survive until the time is up, while the zombies must infect all human players.
- AI Mission - A group of 4 or 6 players are automatically assigned to the EU to survive and/or complete mission objectives while fighting against AI-Controlled NRF.
- Escape - Boat - EU troops try to escape to a waiting boat while NRF troops try to stop them. The round ends when the opposing team is wiped out, or when one soldier makes it to the boat.
- "AVA Taiwan". Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- "戰谷宣布《A.V.A 戰地之王》20 日啟動壓力測試 帳號今起開放申請" [WarTown announced "Alliance of Valiant Arms" stress test starts on 20 October, account registration opens today]. 巴哈姆特 (Gamer.com.tw) (in Chinese). 16 October 2010. Archived from the original on 25 July 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "Free To Play Games Have Arrived on Steam". steampowered.com. 15 June 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "Free-to-Play Games Now Have a Home on Steam". 1up.com. 14 June 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-07-11. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "Valve announces Steam F2P support". EuroGamer.com. 14 June 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "A.V.A. Alliance of Valiant Arms™ :: End of Mission". 2018-04-25. Retrieved 2018-07-30.
- "AVA: DOG TAG". www.playava.com. Retrieved 2018-07-30.
- "Alliance of Valiant Arms Clases". En Masse. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Official English Site (in English)