Allied Command Operations
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Allied Command Operations (ACO) is one of the two strategic commands of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), the other being Allied Command Transformation (ACT). The headquarters and commander of ACO is Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) and Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR), respectively.
Under ACO, there are two joint force operational headquarters and several single service commands:
- Allied Joint Force Command Brunssum (JFCBS), Netherlands
- Allied Joint Force Command Naples (JFCNP), Italy
- Allied Air Command (AIRCOM) at Ramstein, Germany
- Allied Land Command (LANDCOM) at Izmir, Turkey
- Allied Maritime Command (MARCOM) at Northwood, United Kingdom
- Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO (aka. Strike Force NATO, STRIKFORNATO) at Oeiras, Portugal
- NATO Communication and Information Systems Command (NCISG) at Mons, Belgium
- "Structure". NATO. Retrieved 14 June 2014.