|Founded at||Chicago, IL|
|Headquarters||Fort Worth, Texas|
|Services||Electronics and automation control distribution|
Allied Electronics & Automation is a United States based authorized distributor of industrial automation products, electronic components and electromechanical products. Allied is a subsidiary of Electrocomponents plc (LSE: ECM), and it is an ISO 9001:2008+AS9120A certified company with 46 sales offices serving the United States, Canada, Mexico and Chile. 
The company was founded in 1928 in Chicago, Illinois by Simon "Sy" Wexler as Allied Radio, the radio parts distribution arm of Columbia Radio Corporation (also founded by Wexler in 1921). Allied distributed radio sets, tubes, capacitors, amateur radio equipment, citizens band radios, communications equipment, electronic kits and consumer audio systems through retail and mail order.
In 1970, the Tandy Corporation, Radio Shack's parent company, purchased Allied Radio, the consumer division, along with Allied Electronics, the industrial division. Over the years, Allied Radio was folded into Radio Shack and Allied Electronics focused on distribution of electronic components to electronics engineers. After multiple owners between 1967 and 1993, Allied was purchased by Electrocomponents of London, England in 1999. In 2018, the company changed their name to Allied Electronics & Automation to better reflect their position in the market with customers. Today, Allied serves as the North American distributor for Electrocomponents selling more than 3.5 million parts from over 500 suppliers to engineers and purchasers around the world.
Allied Electronics & Automation is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. It has a 560,000 square foot distribution facility and a 57,000 square foot corporate office. Allied distributes a wide range of product technologies, including Automation and Control, Enclosures and Fans, Power, Interconnect, Test and Measurement, Passive and Active, Optoelectronics, and Assembly. Customers can access the company products through a variety of channels, including Sales Force and online ordering through their website. Allied services customers from small order hobbyists to large volume manufacturers. The management team of nine Vice Presidents and Chief Officers is led by President Ken Bradley.
Allied Electronics offers security products, industrial automation and control products, power products, sensors, switches and relays, test and measurement products, wires and cables, optoelectronics, motors and thermal management, tools and hardware, batteries, chemicals and adhesives, semiconductors etc.
- "Hitaltech announce distribution agreement with Allied Electronics". ECNmag.com. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Allied Electronics sponsors gadget freak workshops and gadget freak of the year awards". Automationworld. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- "Certificate of Registration ISO 9001:2008 + AS9120A" (PDF). www.alliedelec.com. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Company Profile of Allied Electronics". Allied Electronics. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- Vintage Amplifiers Collectors Magazine: "Knight | Allied Radio Corporation | Chicago Illinois" Archived 2015-09-29 at the Wayback Machine retrieved April 25, 2015
- Radio Museum: "History of the radio manufacturer: Allied Radio Corp. (Knight, Roamer, Wextark); Chicago (IL)" retrieved April 25, 2015
- "Allied Electronics Announces Company Name Change". Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- Automation, Allied Electronics &. "Allied Electronics & Automation Reaches 500-Supplier Milestone with Addition of Envirocleanse, Ringfeder, E-Switch, Pilz, and Eaton Transportation to Linecard". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "History of Allied Electronics". Allied Electronics. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Electronic Equipment, Instruments and Components". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- Matt Burns. "Allied Electronics Is Now Accepting Orders For The Bite-Sized Raspberry Pi". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 25 January 2015.