Allied Van Lines
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Moving and storage|
|Thomas Oberdorf (CEO)|
Allied Van Lines is an American moving company founded in 1928 as a cooperative non-profit organization owned by its member agents on the east coast of the United States, to help with organizing return loads and minimizing dead-heading (i.e. operating trucks without shipments loaded on them). In 1968 it was reorganized as a standard public company, with shares. In 1999 it merged with its larger competitor, North American Van Lines, and the combined entity then came under the holding company Allied Worldwide. In 2002, Allied Worldwide was renamed SIRVA. In 2018, Allied Van Lines was ranked as the second-best moving company in the list of "10 Best Coast to Coast Movers in the USA" by 9Kilo Moving
In January 2020, Allied Van Lines was recognized by Newsweek as one of America’s Best Customer Service Providers. In May 2020, Allied Van Lines earns the coveted 2020 Women’s Choice Award for sixth year in a row. In July 2020, Allied Van Lines receives 37th Annual Quest for Quality Awards recognition from Logistics management. Allied Van Lines in February 2020 continues its exclusive charity partnership with The Salvation Army.
On November 21, 1999, Clayton, Dubilier and Rice also completed their acquisition of Allied Van Lines and merged it with North American Van Lines to create Allied Worldwide, although each former company maintained its own profile names. Valued at approximately US$450 million in the merger, the Allied Worldwide combined entity became the world's largest relocation and van line logistics company
In August 2020, as part of global branding strategy and continued expansion into the EMEA and APAC regions, the company unified the global brand under Allied, remaining a property of parent company SIRVA.
On February 11, 2002 Allied Worldwide was renamed as SIRVA, Inc.
SIRVA, Inc. (formerly Allied Worldwide), based in Westmont, Illinois, is a privately owned moving industry holding company which resulted from the merger of Allied Van Lines with North American Van Lines.
- "10 Best Coast to Coast Movers in the USA". Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- "Allied Van Lines Recognized by Newsweek as One of America's Best Customer Service Providers".
- "Allied Van Lines Earns the 2020 Women's Choice Award".
- "Allied Van Lines Receives 37th Annual 'Quest For Quality Awards' Recognition From Logistics Management".
- "Allied Van Lines Announces Exclusive Charity Partnership Renewal with The Salvation Army".
- Street Journal, Daniel MachalabaStaff Reporter of The Wall (1999-09-14). "North American Van Lines Reaches Deal To Buy Allied Van Lines for $400 Million". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
- "SIRVA Expands Global Removal Services in Europe".