Allies and Morrison
|Allies and Morrison|
|Partners||Alex Wraight, Alfredo Caraballo, Antony Rifkin, Artur Carulla, Bob Allies, Chris Bearman, David Amarasekera, Graham Morrison, Helen Logan, Hendrik Heyns, Jason Syrett, Joanna Bacon, Miles Leigh, Paul Appleton, Paul Eaton, Robert Maxwell, Simon Fraser, Simon Gathercole|
|Location||London, Cambridge and Liverpool|
Allies and Morrison is an architecture and urban planning practice based in London and Cambridge. Founded in 1984, the practice is now one of Britain's largest architectural firms. The practice's work ranges from architecture and interior design to conservation and renovation of historic buildings to urbanism, planning, consultation and research. The firm's notable projects include the redevelopment of the Royal Festival Hall, the masterplan for the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, BBC Media Village and the redevelopment of King's Cross Central. The practice has a reputation for designing modernist, yet stylistically restrained buildings.
They have completed projects throughout the UK, and in Ireland, India, Africa and the Middle East and in North America. The practice's portfolio includes cultural, educational, public and housing projects.
Buildings designed by Allies and Morrison include:
- Abbey Mills Pumping Station
- BBC Media Village, White City, London
- Brighton College Simon Smith Building
- Charles Street Car Park, Sheffield
- Chelsea College of Arts
- New home for London College of Fashion, Stratford
- New campus for London College of Communication, Elephant and Castle
- Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge University
- Ash Court, Library and Archive at Girton College, Cambridge University
- Highbury Square, redevelopment of Arsenal Stadium
- Horniman Museum extension
- London King's Cross railway station-St Pancras railway station Link
- Maurice Wohl Clinical Neuroscience Institute, King's College London
- Merton College, Oxford University
- University of Cambridge Sidgwick Site new buildings: Faculty of English and Cambridge Institute of Criminology
- Rambert Dance Company, South Bank, London
- Restoration of Queen's House, Greenwich
- Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter
- Royal Festival Hall refurbishment
- Renovation and extension of Royal Observatory, Greenwich
- Sam Wanamaker Playhouse at Shakespeare's Globe
- South Yorkshire Police headquarters, Sheffield
Allies and Morrison masterplans include:
- King's Cross Central
- Madinat al Irfan, urban extension to Muscat 
- Msheireb Downtown Doha
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park games and legacy masterplans (with EDAW)
- Stratford Waterfront, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Cultural and Education District
- Wood Wharf, extension to Canary Wharf
- Worsely, Giles (23 June 2004). "An empire built on subtlety". The Telegraph. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- "White City goes environmentally friendly". BBC Press Office. 18 October 2003. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Ravenscroft, Tom (23 August 2013). "Allies and Morrison's 'cheesegrater' named UK's coolest car park". The Architect's Journal. EMAP Publishing Limited. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Pithers, Ellie (7 June 2016). "LCF Goes East". Vogue. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Allies and Morrison, http://www.alliesandmorrison.com/project/nunnery-square/
- AJ120 Awards, 3 June, 2015