Village green, Allington
Allington shown within Lincolnshire
|OS grid reference|
|– London||100 mi (160 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
|UK Parliament||Grantham and Stamford|
Allington is a village and civil parish in the South Kesteven district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated 3 miles (5 km) north-west from Grantham. The 2001 Census gave a population of 728 for the parish in 329 households, increasing to a population of 897 in 422 households at the 2011 census.
Allington Grade II listed Anglican parish church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. Originally East and West Allington had their own churches but today only Holy Trinity survives. The poet George Crabbe (1754–1832) became the incumbent of Muston, Leicestershire and West Allington in 1789, remaining until 1792. His Natural History of the Vale of Belvoir was a pioneering study of the district. English Heritage gives the date of Crabbe's Allington incumbency as 1790 to 1814, but he was an absentee for most of the remaining years.
The Viking Way, Sewstern Lane, passed through the village until 1997, but was diverted to follow a road bridge over the A1. Allington with Sedgebrook Church of England Primary School is in Marston Lane, Allington.
- "Neighbourhood statistics". 2001 census. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Civil parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "Winnibriggs and Threo Wap", A Vision of Britain through Time. Retrieved 16 March 2012
- Historic England. "Church of the Holy Trinity (1062909)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "Holy Trinity, Allington", Geograph.org.uk. Retrieved 23 June 2011
- Pugh, Kate: "Crabbe's First Years in Muston 1789–1792", Boston Living History Project. Retrieved 1 July 2013
- Wilson, John Marius : Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870–72.
- "The Village Green, Allington", Geograph.org.uk. Retrieved 23 June 2011
- Primary school, allingtonsedgebrook.lincs.sch.uk. Retrieved 23 June 2011
- Media related to Allington, Lincolnshire at Wikimedia Commons
- "Allington Parish Council", Lincolnshire.gov.uk. Retrieved 1 July 3013
- "Community Web Site"