Allison Abbate is an American film producer, primarily of animated films.
In 2000 Abbate won the coveted BAFTA for her work on The Iron Giant. In 2006 she was nominated for a "Motion Picture Producer of the Year" award by the Producers Guild of America for her work on Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.
More recently, she worked on Fantastic Mr. Fox. Directed by Wes Anderson, the film is based on the Roald Dahl book of the same name and stars George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Bill Murray, Jason Schwartzman and Owen Wilson. Abbate also stars in the movie, playing the voice of Rabbit's ex-girlfriend. She also worked on Tim Burton's Frankenweenie, making it her third major project with Burton (alongside Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas).
- Out of This World (1988) (production associate)
- The Rescuers Down Under (1990) (assistant production manager: layout/retakes)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) (artistic coordinator)
- Runaway Brain (1995) (associate producer)
- Space Jam (1996) (animation co-producer)
- The Iron Giant (1999) (producer)
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003) (animation producer)
- Corpse Bride (2005) (producer)
- Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009) (producer)
- Frankenweenie (2012) (producer)
- The Lego Movie (2014) (executive producer)
- Smallfoot (2018) (executive producer)
- Scoob! (2020) (producer)
- Tom & Jerry (executive producer)
- Space Jam 2 (2021) (executive producer)
- Blount, Kirven (January 25, 2006). "EW Review: Macabre 'Corpse Bride'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 28, 2009.
- "Children's Feature Film 2000". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Retrieved March 28, 2009.
- "PGA Announces First Producer of the Year for Animation Noms". Archived from the original on April 21, 2009. Retrieved March 29, 2009.
- Hiestand, Jesse (January 5, 2006). "Producers favor indie films for award noms". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 28, 2009.
- Kit, Borys (August 17, 2015). "New 'Scooby-Doo' Movie in the Works from Warner Animation". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|