Ali Adler at the 2016 Wondercon.
|Born||Allison Beth Adler
May 30, 1967
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Partner(s)||Sara Gilbert (2002—2011)
Liz Brixius (2013–present; engaged)
Adler began her career by working on a TV series named Veronica's Closet in 1997. From 2001 to 2002, Adler produced 13 episodes of Family Guy and 16 episodes of Just Shoot Me!; she was supervising producer for nine episodes of Still Standing. She was co-executive producer on various shows, including Life As We Know It, Women of a Certain Age, and Emily's Reasons Why Not.
Adler produced Chuck as co-executive and executive producer from 2007 to 2010. Adler then joined the ABC series No Ordinary Family in May 2010 and in 2011 became a part of Glee's writing team starting with the third season. She and Glee creator Ryan Murphy co-created The New Normal, which she worked on until it was cancelled in May 2013.
In 2015, Adler co-created Supergirl with Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. The show is based on Superman's female cousin, Kara Zor-El. Adler is being represented by WME Entertainment Agency. After two seasons, in 2017 Adler left Supergirl full-time to join The CW's reboot of Dynasty and sign a development deal with CBS Studios.
Adler was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on May 30, 1967. She later became an American citizen.
From 2001 to 2011, Adler was in a relationship with actress Sara Gilbert. They have two children—a son, Levi Hank, born to Adler in October 2004, and a daughter, Sawyer Jane, born to Gilbert on August 2, 2007. After the breakup they have joint custody of their two children.
- Haber, Matt (June 3, 2015). "Ali Adler, Supergirl' Writer, Rescues the Sexually Befuddled Man". The New York Times. Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- Goldberg, Lesley (June 16, 2011). "'Glee': Six Join Writing Staff for Season 3". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 27, 2012). "NBC Picks Up ‘New Normal’ Family Comedy Pilot From Ryan Murphy And Allison Adler; Is Network Done With Half-Hour Orders?". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- "'Supergirl' Drama From Greg Berlanti & Ali Adler Lands CBS Series Commitment". Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- Goldberg, Lesley (October 13, 2011). "NBC Lands Comedy from 'Glee's' Ryan Murphy, Ali Adler". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
Murphy is repped by CAA; Adler is with WME.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 16, 2017). "‘Supergirl’ Co-Creator Ali Adler Inks CBS TV Studios Overall Deal, Joins ‘Dynasty’". Deadline.
- Jordan, Julie (August 24, 2011). "The Talk's Sara Gilbert, Partner Break Up". People.
- "Sara Gilbert Gives Birth to Baby Girl". Fox News. August 13, 2007. Retrieved November 8, 2009.