|Member of the Nevada Senate
from the 6th district
|Preceded by||Bob Beers|
|Succeeded by||Mark Hutchison|
July 4, 1964 |
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Alma mater||University of Nevada, Las Vegas|
|Religion||Canyon Ridge Christian Church|
Allison Copening (born July 4, 1964) is a Democratic member of the Nevada Senate, representing Clark County District 6 (map) from 2009 to 2013, defeating incumbent Bob Beers in 2008. She did not run for re-election in 2012.
Allison Copening was born in Las Vegas, Nevada. She graduated from Bonanza High School in 1982, and she also attended the University of Nevada, Las Vegas where she graduated with a B.A. in Communication Studies. Her parents are Harold and Jane Mellot, she has one older brother, Michael and one older sister, Gina.
She is a breast cancer survivor from 2005.
Copening attends the Canyon Ridge Christian Church.
- "About Allison Copening". Senator Allison Copening. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Democrat Copening won't seek re-election to state Senate seat". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- Nevada State Legislature - Senator Allison Copening official government website
- Allison Copening for State Senator official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Allison Copening (NV) profile
- Follow the Money - Allison Copening
- 2008 campaign contributions
|This article about a Nevada politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|