|Privately Held Company|
|Headquarters||Rhodes, NSW, Australia|
|Slogan||We'll keep you talking!|
Allphones is an Australian telecommunications retailer which specialises in offering a wide range of mobile and broadband related services across a range of carriers.
Allphones was started in 1989 with the first store in Mile End, South Australia. The company franchised a further 14 stores in South Australia before it was sold in 2000 by Brian and Helen Warner. Allphones has stores in every state and territory with over 170 stores nationally.
Their products and services include mobile phones, mobile plans, broadband plans, pre-paid services and mobile phone accessories.
In 2008, the ACCC on behalf of 74 Allphones Retail franchisees, launched proceedings against Allphones Retail Pty Ltd as well as then chief executive Matthew Donnellan, director and chief operating officer Tony Baker, and former national franchising manager Ian Harkin as respondents, alleging they were "knowingly concerned in or party to the contravening conduct". Matthew Donnellan was removed from his position by the board in April 2011.
- The class action alleges that Allphones:
- received commission or bonus payments from telecommunication networks which were not paid to franchisees in accordance with their franchise agreements, and which were not disclosed to franchisees
- received rebates from mobile phone handset and other product suppliers which were not paid to franchisees in accordance with their franchise agreements, and which were not disclosed to franchisees, and
- made unilateral deductions from commission payments payable to franchisees which were not permitted by their franchise agreements
The case was settled outside of court for 3 million to be shared amongst 55 franchisees represented in the action.
New brand image
In May 2011, Allphones changed their image with a new logo, uniforms and store design.
In March 2012, Sensitive information regarding staff and a customer loyalty program were found to be unsecured on the Allphones Website. The security hole was closed quickly once the Company had been notified.
- "Allphones Rental". AMT Group. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- "Fellas Gifts sets long term goals.(Brief Article) - Australasian Business Intelligence | HighBeam Research". highbeam.com. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Self published Networks list". Allphones.com.au. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- "Mobile Phones, Tablets & Mobile Broadband | Vodafone Australia". Vodafone.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Buy Dodo Products From Retail Stores | Dodo". Retail.dodo.com. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Store Locator". Amaysim.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Dealer Locations". Think Mobile. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Find a Store". vividwireless. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Lebara Mobile Australia - Store finder". Lebara.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "I want to find a retailer". TravelSIM. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "All Phones". All Phones. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
-  Surf Life Saving NSW Annual Report 2012-13 Pge 36
- "Eclipse Music TV". Eclipse Music TV. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- [dead link]
- "Australia’s #1 arena". Allphones Arena. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- New sponsor for Moffat’s Norton Falcon March 2012 Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "takes class action on behalf of Allphones franchisees". ACCC. 2009-08-18. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Self published: 'About Allphones'". Allphones.com.au. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- Pauli, Darren (2012-03-07). "Allphones hack exposes staff passwords - Security - Technology - News". Itnews.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- Pauli, Darren (2012-03-06). "Allphones hacked, staff passwords exposed - Networks - SC Magazine Australia - Secure Business Intelligence". Scmagazine.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-14.