|Public (-2016) Privately Held Company (2016-?)|
|Fate||Acquired by shareholder in 2016. Voluntary Administration in 2017. Purchased by Mobileciti.|
Allphones is an Australian telecommunications retailer which specialises in offering a wide range of mobile and broadband related services across a range of carriers.
Allphones was started in 1989 with the first store in Mile End, South Australia. The company franchised a further 14 stores in South Australia before it was sold in 2000 by Brian and Helen Werner. Allphones has stores in every state and territory with over 170 stores nationally.
Their products and services include mobile phones, mobile plans, broadband plans, pre-paid services and mobile phone accessories.
In 2008, the ACCC on behalf of 74 Allphones Retail franchisees, launched proceedings against Allphones Retail Pty Ltd and some executives, alleging they were "knowingly concerned in or party to the contravening conduct".
- The class action alleges that Allphones:
- received commission or bonus payments from telecommunication networks which were not paid to franchisees in accordance with their franchise agreements, and which were not disclosed to franchisees
- received rebates from mobile phone handset and other product suppliers which were not paid to franchisees in accordance with their franchise agreements, and which were not disclosed to franchisees, and
- made unilateral deductions from commission payments payable to franchisees which were not permitted by their franchise agreements
The case was settled outside of court for 3 million to be shared among 55 franchisees represented in the action.
New brand image
In May 2011, Allphones changed their image with a new logo, uniforms and store design.
In March 2012, sensitive information regarding staff and a customer loyalty program were found to be unsecured on the Allphones website. The security hole was closed quickly once the company had been notified.
Mobileciti has acquired the business from administration and is working on a new website for the business. The current shell of the website contains and administration notice and advertises the Mobileciti website.
- "Allphones Rental". AMT Group. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- "Fellas Gifts sets long term goals.(Brief Article) - Australasian Business Intelligence | HighBeam Research". highbeam.com. Archived from the original on 2014-06-11. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Self published Networks list". Allphones.com.au. Archived from the original on 2014-04-17. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- "Mobile Phones, Tablets & Mobile Broadband | Vodafone Australia". Vodafone.com.au. Archived from the original on 2012-07-09. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Buy Dodo Products From Retail Stores | Dodo". Retail.dodo.com. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Store Locator". Amaysim.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Dealer Locations". Think Mobile. Archived from the original on 2013-10-15. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Find a Store". vividwireless. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Lebara Mobile Australia - Store finder". Lebara.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "I want to find a retailer". TravelSIM. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "All Phones". All Phones. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
-  Archived 2014-03-10 at the Wayback Machine Surf Life Saving NSW Annual Report 2012-13 Pge 36
- "Eclipse Music TV". Eclipse Music TV. Archived from the original on 2013-10-17. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
-  Archived May 10, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Australia's #1 arena". Allphones Arena. Archived from the original on 2011-09-24. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- New sponsor for Moffat’s Norton Falcon March 2012 Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "takes class action on behalf of Allphones franchisees". ACCC. 2009-08-18. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Self published: 'About Allphones'". Allphones.com.au. Archived from the original on 2014-03-10. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- Pauli, Darren (2012-03-07). "Allphones hack exposes staff passwords - Security - Technology - News". Itnews.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- Pauli, Darren (2012-03-06). "Allphones hacked, staff passwords exposed - Networks - SC Magazine Australia - Secure Business Intelligence". Scmagazine.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Allphones - Outright Mobile Phones, Unlocked Smartphones - Top Brands". Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "PPB Advisory appointed voluntary administrators of Allphones Group". Retrieved 2018-01-31.