Allstar SZD-54 Perkoz
|SZD-54 Perkoz in front of the Tatra Mountains|
|Manufacturer||Allstar PZL Glider|
|Status||In production (2011)|
Design and development
The SZD-54 was designed in 1991, but company and political upheaval in Poland resulted in the glider not being put into production until 2011.
The aircraft is type certified to European Aviation Safety Agency CS22 standards. It features a cantilever mid-wing, a two-seats-in-tandem enclosed cockpit under a large bubble canopy and fixed monowheel gear with a small nosewheel and a tail caster.
The aircraft is made predominantly from fibreglass. Its 20 m (65.6 ft) span wing has an area of 17.82 m2 (191.8 sq ft) and mounts air brakes, as well as winglets. Optional wing tips are available for 17.5 m (57.4 ft) with winglets in the utility category and without winglets for aerobatics. All controls are automatically connected upon assembly. Despite its fixed landing gear, the SZD-54 has a best glide ratio of 42:1 with the 20 m (65.6 ft) span wing.
In December 2017, the Colombian Air Force had received two SZD-54-2 gliders for training purposes.
Specifications (SZD-54-2, 20 m configuration)
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 8.25 m (27 ft 1 in)
- Wingspan: 20 m (65 ft 7 in)
- Height: 2.05 m (6 ft 9 in)
- Wing area: 17.82 m2 (191.8 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 24.75:1
- Empty weight: 379 kg (836 lb)
- Gross weight: 600 kg (1,323 lb)
- Stall speed: 62 km/h (39 mph; 33 kn)
- Never exceed speed: 240 km/h (149 mph; 130 kn)
- g limits: +5.3/-2.65
- Maximum glide ratio: 42:1 at 102 km/h (63 mph)
- Rate of sink: 0.58 m/s (114 ft/min) at 78 km/h (48 mph)
- Wing loading: 33.7 kg/m2 (6.9 lb/sq ft)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 150. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Allstar PZL Glider Sp. z o.o. (n.d.). "SZD-54 Perkoz". Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Federal Aviation Administration (13 December 2012). "Make / Model Inquiry Results". Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Sanchez, Alejandro (20 December 2017). "Colombian Air Force receives new training aircraft". IHS Jane's 360. Archived from the original on 26 December 2017. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- Allstar PZL Glider Sp. z o.o. (n.d.). "Allstar SZD-54 Perkoz" (PDF). Retrieved 13 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Allstar SZD-54 Perkoz.|