Bryn Methodist Church, Alltami
Alltami shown within Flintshire
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|UK Parliament||Alyn and Deeside|
|Welsh Assembly||Alyn and Deeside|
Alltami is a small village in Flintshire, in northeast Wales northwest of Buckley and northeast of Mold. It lies on the A494 road which runs from Ellesmere Port to Dolgellau. There is a stream running through the village, Alltami Brook. There is a crossroads at Alltami with traffic lights; they were proposed to be installed in February 1981.
Alltami is the home of the first Primitive Methodist chapel in North Wales, Bryn Methodist Church. The church began during a summer camp at nearby Bryn y Baal in 1836, led by Henry Brining of Chester. A church was built at Alltami in 1866, and was extended at the end of the following decade to include school rooms. By 1933 the foundations began to be affected by Alltami Brook flowing to the side of the church, washing them away. The issue was revolved and electricity added the following year. In 1959 a kitchen was added and the Sunday School was reslated and decorated. The following year a new church porch was added, with a stained glass window and doors made of oak. New windows were further added to the main building in 1970. The current church was renamed in 1992.
Greenbank Farmhouse, at the end of Greenbank Lane off Alltami Road, became a Grade II listed building in 2001. It dates to the 1860s, when it was rebuilt and remodolled along with two other farms in the area, Ty'n y Caeau and Rhosychellis (now demolished), by the Soughton estate. There is one pub, The Tavern, in the village, which is listed in the 2016 Michelin Guide. Beaufort Park Hotel is situated along Alltami Road.
- Google (25 April 2016). "Alltami" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- Taylor, Phil (1 September 2003). The Hotel Guide 2004: Britain's Best-Selling Hotel Guide. Automobile Association. p. 848. ISBN 978-0-7495-3754-8.
- Parliamentary Debates (Hansard).: House of Commons Official report. H.M. Stationery Office. 1981. p. 816.
- "Bryn Methodist Church, Alltami, Nr. Mold". Myprimitivemethodists.org.uk. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "Greenbank Farm Farmhouse, Northop". British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "Tavern". Viamichelin.co.uk. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alltami.|