|Directed by||V. V. Vinayak|
|Produced by||Bellamkonda Suresh|
Bellamkonda Ganesh Babu
|Written by||Kona Venkat,|
|Screenplay by||V. V. Vinayak|
|Story by||K. S. Ravindra,|
Samantha Ruth Prabhu
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Cinematography||Chota K. Naidu|
|Edited by||Gautham Raju|
Alludu Seenu (lit. Son-in-law Seenu) is a 2014 Telugu action-comedy film directed by V. V. Vinayak. Produced by Bellamkonda Suresh on his banner Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Productions, the film marks the debut of his son Bellamkonda Sreenivas as a hero with Samantha Ruth Prabhu as the female lead and Brahmanandam and Prakash Raj playing important roles while Tamannaah made a special appearance by dancing in an item number. . Devi Sri Prasad composed the music for this film while Chota K. Naidu and Gautham Raju handled the cinematography and editing of the film respectively.This Movie Also Dubbed Into Hindi Mard Ka Badla By Zee Cinema 2019.
The film revolves around three characters – Alludu Sreenu, Narasimha and the latter's look alike gangster Bhai. The former duo are thugs who land in Hyderabad after a failed escape to Chennai from their village. When Sreenu bumps into Bhai, he seizes the opportunity and makes use of his Personal Assistant Dimple to earn some quick money and also falls in love with Bhai's daughter Anjali. But a horrifying truth separates the lovers and the rest of the film deals with what the truth was and the consequences of the truth and how Sreenu wins Anjali's heart using Dimple.
The film was officially launched on 15 February 2013 at Hyderabad. After altering the bound script twice, the film's principal photography commenced at Annapoorna Studios in Hyderabad in October 2013. Majority of the film was shot in and around Hyderabad while significant portions were shot at Alleppey in Kerala. The songs were shot in the locales of Japan, Dubai and Italy apart from the sets built in Hyderabad. After completion of few action sequences at Gachibowli Aluminium Factory in Hyderabad, the film's principal photography came to an end on 23 June 2014.
The film was awarded an 'A' certificate from the Central Board of Film Certification. The film released worldwide on 25 July 2014. Upon release, the film received decent feedback from critics with most of them calling it a Routine Commercial Entertainer. While critics praised Sreenivas' dancing and fighting skills, Samantha's glamour, Prakash Raj and Brahmanandam's performances, they criticized the film for its predictable content and wrong placement of songs. Sai Srinivas won Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South (2014).
The satellite rights of the film were sold for ₹5 crore (US$700,000) to Geminitv.
Seenu, better known as Alludu Seenu (Bellamkonda Sreenivas), lives with his uncle Narasimha (Prakash Raj), in a village where he and his uncle are in great debt. One day, they run away to Chennai, hoping to fly to Dubai and earning a lot of money and clearing their debts. They mistake their train and they end up in Hyderabad. Seenu lands in a lodge where he discovers he is in Hyderbad, but to his horror, his uncle is a doppelganger of Bhai (Prakash Raj), a don in the city. He uses his uncle's face to earn a lot of money, and by fooling Dimple (Bramhanandam), the right hand of Bhai. He also manages to make Anjali (Samantha Ruth Prabhu), Bhai's daughter, fall in love with him, when she mistakes him to be her fiancé. When Bhai gets to know that there is a doppelganger of him in the city, he plans to get him killed and ends up discovering that the doppelganger is his twin brother. Later Seenu manages to bring Bhai and his gang to the police and get them arrested. The rest of the story is about Seenu getting married to Anjali while Dimple and Peda look for another person to influence to help earn more money.
- Bellamkonda Sreenivas as Alludu Seenu
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu as Anjali
- Bramhanandam as Dimple
- Prakash Raj as Narasimha / Bhai (Dual role)
- Pradeep Rawat as Bhanu Bhai
- Tanikella Bharani as Narasimha's friend
- Raghu Babu as Nayudu / Lungi Baba
- Vennela Kishore as Lungi Baba's friend
- Praveen as Lungi Baba's friend
- Nalla Venu as Lungi Baba's friend
- Ravi Babu as Peda Prasad
- Ananth Babu as Auto Driver
- Master Bharath
- Gundu Sudarshan
- Tamannaah Bhatia as item number "Labbar Bomma"
On 5 December 2008 when Bellamkonda Suresh was celebrating his birthday at the Devnar School for the Blind in Begumpet at Hyderabad, V. V. Vinayak who came as a guest to the function revealed the first news of Sai Sreenivas' film debut. He said "I share an emotional bonding with Bellamkonda Suresh for a long time as he gave me the first break as a director. It was Bellamkonda Suresh who introduced me as a director. Now I want to direct Bellamkonda Suresh’s son Sai’s debut film. I wish to make Sai a nice hero." Bellamkonda Suresh spoke "I would like to thank VV Vinayak for offering to introducing my son as a hero. My son Sai will be introduced as hero in 2011. I will send him to USA to learn more about acting. I am indebted to VV Vinayak for the favor he is doing to me." On 15 February 2013 the film was officially launched at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad and along with the film's crew, celebrities like Venkatesh and Dasari Narayana Rao attended the event. On that day, Devi Sri Prasad was announced as the music director while Chota K. Naidu and Gautham Raju were selected as the cinematographer and editor of the film respectively. In mid-May 2014, reports emerged that the makers were considering to title the film as Alludu Sreenu. The same was officially confirmed by Samantha in her Twitter on 26 May 2014.
In early February 2013, Samantha Ruth Prabhu was selected to play the heroine in this film as a part of the three-film deal she entered with Bellamkonda Suresh. She stated that she accepted to be a part of the film only due to her good relationship with Bellamkonda Suresh when he helped her during the time when she was suffering with serious skin ailments. She said "Bellamkonda Suresh has stood by me during the toughest phase in my life and I am doing this film for him." A photo shoot was conducted later on Samantha and Sai Sreenivas in the same month. In mid-March 2013, it was reported that Tamannaah was selected as the other heroine of the film and it was said that Bellamkonda Suresh offered her a huge remuneration for the film. She too confirmed the news that she is sharing the screen along with a debutante hero. But since the previous two scripts were not accepted by Vinayak himself and after penning a fresh script, Tamannaah was no more a part of the film as the new one required a single heroine only. In the end of January 2014, Prakash Raj reacted in his Twitter about the speculations that he would play a double role in Mahesh Babu's Aagadu that he is not playing a dual role in that film but he is playing a dual role in this film which he called an "interesting" one. In the end of March 2014, it was reported that Tamannaah would do a special song in the film.
It was said that she would participate in the shoot for this song in the end of April 2014 or early May 2014. It was also said that the song would be the introduction song of the hero in the film. But by the time the reports emerged into the media, Tamannaah wrapped up the shoot of the song in the film on 31 March and V. V. Vinayak thanked her for accepting the offer in his Facebook page. The song, a romantic one, was shot in Hyderabad in a vineyard set for 5 days. In an interaction to Chennai Times, Tamannaah's father said "The primary reason why she agreed to do this song was because it is the most important song in the film. It is not an item song but a romantic number and the director narrated how he intends to shoot it. It is true that a year ago, when the script was first written, Tamannaah had chosen to be a part of this film. However, when the script was changed, we mutually agreed to part ways. But despite that, both Tamannaah and Vinayak have mutual respect for each other and that is why, when Vinayak requested Tamannaah to do this one song for him, she agreed." About his character, Brahmanandam spoke "I played Dimple in this film and it is a very different character from my previous films. Prakash Raj played a dual role in this film and I played an assistant to one of his characters. But I get confused with both of them and talk about one with the other. It generates a lot of entertainment."
The film's first schedule of shooting started at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad in the end of October 2013 due to delay in script work and a song on Samantha and Bellamkonda Sreenivas was shot there. After completing the first schedule silently, the film unit proceeded to Japan to shoot a song on Sai Sreenivas and Samantha in the exotic locales of that country. The regular shooting continued for some time after the unit's return from Japan and after a brief gap, the shooting continued from 19 February 2014 at Ramanaidu Studios in Hyderabad where some street scenes were shot on Sai Sreenivas and Samantha. Later again after a brief gap due to Samantha's busy schedules, the filming continued at Fort Grand in Hyderabad which was known for its picturesque setting. Later it was reported that the film's shoot would continue in Dubai after a song was filmed on the leads in Hyderabad. After completion of the Hyderabad schedule of Kaththi, Samantha joined the sets of the film on 1 April 2014. She left the sets after completing her part in the schedule and joined the sets of Kaththi again and took a break from there in the first week of May. Later she joined the sets of this film at Alleppey in Kerala. After returning from there, Samantha tweeted in the second week of May that the team would go to Italy for filming a song on Sai Sreenivas and herself. After filming few sequences of a song there, the team returned to Hyderabad on 11 May. Later the shoot continued at Aluminium factory at Gachibowli in Hyderabad. The film's shoot came to an end on 23 June 2014 which was confirmed by Samantha in her micro-blogging page.
|Soundtrack album To Alludu Seenu by|
|Released||29 June 2014|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
Devi Sri Prasad composed the music and background score for the film re uniting with V. V. Vinayak after Adhurs which released in 2009. On 21 June 2014 it was declared that the film's audio would release on 29 June 2014. On 25 June 2014 the venue of the audio launch was confirmed as Shilpakala Vedika in Hyderabad. It was reported that N. T. Rama Rao Jr. was invited as the chief guest for the audio launch. The official track list featuring 6 songs was released before the soundtrack album's launch. The event was aired live on MAA Movies starting from 7:30 PM. While N. T. Rama Rao Jr. did not attend the function turning the reports as rumors, Venkatesh, S. S. Rajamouli and Pranitha Subhash attended as the chief guests and the audio was released on Aditya Music label.
The audio received viral response and all the songs in the soundtrack were praised by the audience. Reviewing the album, The Times of India wrote "Devi Sri Prasad seems to have dished out a standard edition album with a little bit of everything. All in all, it's the kind of album that's good to listen to but will not exactly make you go for a repeat listening" and rated the album 3/5. The soundtrack album had a record number of sales for which Aditya Music thanked Devi Sri Prasad and the film's makers.
|1.||"Ori Devudo"||Chandrabose||Javed Ali, Suchitra||04:14|
|2.||"Neeli Neeli"||Bhaskarabhatla||Karthik, Harini||04:09|
|3.||"Whats up Antu"||Ramajogayya Sastry, Sharmila||Devi Sri Prasad, Sharmila||04:00|
|4.||"Labbar Bomma"||Chandrabose||Sooraj Santhosh, Ranina Reddy||04:33|
|5.||"Oho Bujji Konda"||Chandrabose||Jaspreet Jasz, Sharmila||03:39|
|6.||"Alludu Seenu"||Chandrabose||Simha, Priya Himesh||04:06|
In a press meet held on 21 June 2014 the makers officially declared the film's release date as 24 July 2014. On 28 June 2014 reports emerged that Gemini TV secured the satellite rights of the movie for an undisclosed price. On 5 July 2014 a press note was issued which stated that the film would release a day later i.e. on 25 July 2014 in theaters. The film was awarded an 'A' certificate with few cuts by the Central Board of Film Certification on 23 July 2014.
The first look posters were also released on the same day itself but none of them featured the title of the film. New posters were released after the shoot at Japan but they too didn't bear the title of the film. But Sai Sreenivas and Samantha were appreciated for their looks in those posters. The title logo of the film was revealed on 6 June 2014. The first look poster bearing the title and few stills were released on 21 June 2014. Those stills received positive response and Samantha's glamour in those stills received a strong positive response. The theatrical trailer and video promos of the songs were released on 29 June 2014 and they received positive response in which Sreenivas was appreciated for his dances, looks, acting and fighting skills; Samantha and Tamannaah were appreciated for their glamour show. Particularly, Tamannaah's item number received great positive response which generated good buzz for the film.
The film received positive reviews from critics. Deccan Chronicle gave a review stating "Vinayak has chosen a safe subject for the debutant. The story is not new but director Vinayak handles it very well. This film is a great launch for a debutant. Vinayak, known for his mass films, has once again provided entertainment for masses. Brahmanandam’s comedy and Samantha’s glamour quotient may also help the film" and rated the film 3/5. 123telugu.com gave a review stating "Alludu Seenu is a tailor made launch pad for Bellamkonda Sreenivas. He makes an impressive debut and enthralls everyone with his dances and fights. Samantha’s glamour, V V Vinayak’s routine but entertaining commercial aspects, and Brahmi’s hilarious comedy makes this film a wholesome entertainer" and rated the film 3.25/5. IndiaGlitz gave a review stating "'Alludu Seenu' is Gopi Mohan-meets-VV Vinayak in a blistering way. A full-on commercial film where comedy scenes, songs, fights and sentimental scenes come in the expected measure" and rated the film 3.25/5.
On the flip side, The Times of India gave a review stating "There's a term which is often used to describe films like Alludu Seenu in one word – 'package'. It has a little bit of everything, although the sum of these bits isn't necessarily fulfilling in the end." The Hindu gave a review stating "Director V.V. Vinayak, adept at handling commercial entertainers involving established stars, has attempted to do something similar with a newcomer. The silliness that tries to pass off as comedy is numbing, and by the time these scenes play on screen, viewers have already been conditioned not to expect anything intelligent." Oneindia Entertainment gave a review stating "Alludu Seenu is a hit that deals with fresh concept.it promises to be a good commercial entertainer. It is a good launch pad for debutant Srinivas. It can be watched twice" and rated the film 3/5.
The film opened to 80%–90% occupancy in both single screens and multiplexes. The film collected ₹2.85 crores at both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh box offices on its first day which was called a Good start by the Trade Analysts for a debutante's film. By the end of its first weekend, the film collected an aggregate of ₹7.6 crores in both the states thus concluding on a good note. During its 3-week run, Alludu Seenu is managed to collect more than ₹38.7 crore (US$5.4 million) Share. It occupies 6th position in the highest-grossing Telugu films from 2014 till date.
The film had a great start at the Overseas Box office, collecting $48,497 on its first day. The film collected an aggregate of ₹3.80 crores at the Overseas Box office in three days.[needs update]
- "Alludu Seenu shot on a lavish scale". The Times of India. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Shocker: First-Time Hero ahead of Jr NTR!". tupaki.com. 15 August 2014. Archived from the original on 3 September 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu is a fun-filled entertainer". The Times of India. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Tamannaah Bhatia as 'Labbar Bomma' in 'Alludu Srinu' ?". IndiaGlitz. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Tamannaah in an item song". The Times of India. 29 June 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Bellamkonda hgfhfghfghfgSrinivas – VV Vinayak's film launch". idlebrain.com. 15 February 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu wrapped up shooting". Tollywood Times. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu censored with A certificate". The Times of India. 24 July 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "'Alludu Seenu' release date changed". IndiaGlitz. 5 July 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Prakash Raj's dual role lauded in Alludu Seenu". The Times of India. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "'Alludu Seenu' Movie Review Roundup: Routine Commercial Entertainer". International Business Times India. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Winners list: 62nd Britannia Filmfare Awards (South)". The Times of India. 27 June 2015. Archived from the original on 27 June 2015. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- jr NTR can only save the producer. kevkeka.com
- "Birthday 2008 – Bellamkonda Suresh". idlebrain.com. 5 December 2008. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "VV Vinayak to direct Bellamkonda's son". The New Indian Express. 8 December 2008. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Bellamkonda Suresh launches his son's debut film". Oneindia Entertainment. 15 February 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Samantha-Bellamkonda Srinivas' film is Alludu Sreenu?". The Times of India. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "V V Vinayak's film called Alludu Sreenu?". Deccan Chronicle. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Samantha confirms V.V.Vinayak movie title". IndiaGlitz. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Samantha to star opposite Bellamkonda Suresh's son in his debut film". Desimartini.com. 8 February 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Samantha does it for Bellamkonda Suresh". The Times of India. 23 February 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Samantha ups the glam quotient for V V Vinayak's film!". 123telugu.com. 7 February 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Tamanna to romance Bellamkonda's Son". gulte.com. 20 March 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "'We Might Do A Sequel To Adhurs'". metroindia.com. 9 October 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Prakash Raj clarifies wrong report doing the rounds in media". The Times of India. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Tamanna in an item song". Deccan Chronicle. 30 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Tamannaah to do a 'special' song in VV Vinayak's film?". 123telugu.com. 30 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Tamannaah item number in Bellamkonda's film". The Times of India. 30 March 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Tamannaah wraps up shooting for V V Vinayak's film". 123telugu.com. 31 March 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "After initial walk out, Tammu does a song for Vinayak's film". The Times of India. 31 March 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Surprised with Bellamkonda Srinivas' dances and fights : Brahmanandam". IndiaGlitz. 23 July 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Samantha shooting for Bellamkonda Sai debut". way2movies.com. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Samantha in Japan". Deccan Chronicle. 11 December 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Samantha-Vinayak film shoot in Ramanaidu". 123telugu.com. 20 February 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Samantha's film rolling at Fort Grand". 123telugu.com. 3 March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "V V Vinayak's film to be shot in Dubai". 123telugu.com. 19 March 2014. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Samantha, VV Vinayak film in Dubai". way2movies.com. 19 March 2014. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Samantha wraps up shooting for Kaththi in Hyderabad". The Times of India. 31 March 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Kaththi team on a break". The Times of India. 2 May 2014. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Samantha Loves To Do A Malayalam Film!". Oneindia Entertainment. 6 May 2014. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Samantha heads to Italy for V V Vinayak's film". 123telugu.com. 8 May 2014. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Samantha to resume shoot for Rabhasa". The Times of India. 12 May 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu audio on June 29". way2movies.com. 16 June 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "VV Vinayak's "Alludu Seenu" audio launch date confirmed". Super Good Movies. 21 June 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu audio on June 29". The Times of India. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu audio on June 29". The Times of India. 24 June 2014. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "NTR Jr to grace Alludu Seenu music launch". The Times of India. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu audio track list". The Times of India. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "MAA Movies to telecast Alludu Seenu audio live". The Times of India. 29 June 2014. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "'Alludu Seenu' movie audio launched". IndiaGlitz. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Tamannaah's item song generates good buzz". The Times of India. 5 July 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu music review". The Times of India. 3 July 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Srinivas-Samantha's 'Alludu Seenu' to be released on July 24th". IndiaGlitz. 21 June 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Gemini TV picks up Alludu Seenu". The Times of India. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Gemini picks up Alludu Seenu for fancy rate". 123telugu.com. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "'Alludu Seenu' on July 25th". raagalahari.com. 5 July 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Vinayak's Alludu Seenu To Clash With Salman Khan's Kick At Box Office". Oneindia Entertainment. 23 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Samantha's hero grabbing eye balls". gulte.com. 30 January 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "First Look : Alludu Srinu". 123telugu.com. 6 June 2014. Archived from the original on 6 June 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "First look of Alludu Seenu is out". Deccan Chronicle. 21 June 2014. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- "First look: Alludu Seenu". idlebrain.com. 21 June 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Samantha's hot new look in 'Alludu Seenu'". Sify.com. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "VV Vinayak's Alludu Seenu trailers with heavy dose". Super Good Movies. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Movie review 'Alludu Seenu': A predictable story, but good entertainment". Deccan Chronicle. 26 July 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Review : Alludu Seenu – Vinayak Mark Entertainer". 123telugu.com. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu – Commercial formula ahoy". IndiaGlitz. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu movie review". The Times of India. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu: Outlandish launch pad". The Hindu. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu (Sreenu) – Movie Review". Oneindia Entertainment. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Vinayak's Alludu Seenu (Friday) First Day Collection At Box Office". Oneindia Entertainment. 26 July 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu takes a good opening at the box-office". The Times of India. 26 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Box Office Collection: 'Alludu Seenu' Gets Good Start; 'Drushyam' is a Hit". International Business Times India. 27 July 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Alludu Seenu Beats Kick Collection At Box Office". Oneindia Entertainment. 28 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Box Office Collections : Alludu Seenu is 5th highest-grossing Telugu film in 2014 (till now)". StrikingSoon.com. 12 August 2014. Archived from the original on 12 August 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2014.[unreliable source?]
- "Alludu Seenu Gets Poor Response in USA". greatandhra.com. 28 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.