Alluri Seetarama Raju (film)
|Alluri Seetarama Raju|
|Directed by||V. Ramachandra Rao|
|Produced by||G. Hanumantha Rao
G. Adiseshagiri Rao
|Written by||Tripuraneni Maharadhi|
|Music by||P. Adinarayana Rao|
|1 May 1974|
Alluri Seetarama Raju is a 1974 Telugu biographical historical film based on the life of Alluri Sitarama Raju, an Indian revolutionary who is known for his role in the Rampa Rebellion of 1922–24, and tribal leader Gam Malludora during the Indian independence movement in the Madras Presidency. Raju with a band of tribal leaders and other sympathizers fought against the British Raj. The film is produced by Padmalaya Studios, as the 100th film of Ghattamaneni Krishna.
Scripted by Maharadhi Tripuraneni, the film was directed by V. Ramachandra Rao, as South India's first Cinemascope film. The film won the National Film Award for Best Lyrics for revolutionary compositions rendered by Srirangam Srinivasa Rao. The film won the Nandi Award for Best Feature Film, and was screened at the International Film Festival of India in the mainstream section, and Tashkent Film Festival. The film was the highest grossing Telugu film for that year.
The film was screened retrospective on August 16, 2016 at the Independence Day Film Festival jointly presented by the Indian Directorate of Film Festivals and Ministry of Defense, commemorating 70th Indian Independence Day.
- Krishna ... Alluri Seetarama Raju
- Kongara Jaggayya ... Rutherford Scott Coward
- Vijaya Nirmala ... Seeta
- Chandra Mohan
- M. Balaiah ... Aggi Raju
- Kanta Rao ... Padalu
- Pandari Bai
- Dr. Prabhakar Reddy....Gam Malludora
- K. V. Chalam
- Gummadi Venkateswara Rao....Gamgantam Dhora
- Tyagaraaju ...Sebastian
- Rao Gopal Rao
- Nandi Award for Best Feature Film (Golden Nandi)
- CineGoer.com - Box-Office Records And Collections - Krishna's 100th Film Alluri Seetarama Raju Archived 8 June 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/pune/pune-a-film-festival-that-celebrates-freedom2962539/[permanent dead link]