12 February 1997
(30 March 2019)
|Total views||285,718,255 |
(30 March 2018)
|Catchphrase(s)||"It's a Madness!"|
Ally Law (born 12 February 1997) is a YouTube personality, known for performing parkour stunts, climbing on a range of buildings and structures, as well as doing 'overnight challenges', where he and a group of friends attempt to stay the whole night in various commercial premises.
Alastair Law was born on 11 February 1997 in Southampton, England. He attended the secondary school Oasis Academy Mayfield, leaving in 2013. Law notes that before starting parkour at the age of 16, he was "extremely unhappy sat in [his] bedroom wasting away day after day, [he] had quit school and had no friends [and] had absolutely no idea what [he] wanted to do with [his] life." He had been addicted to a video game since the age of 13. Law is a qualified carpenter, and a vegan.
Law started his YouTube channel in December 2014. The first video he uploaded was of him performing parkour on the top of buildings in Southampton city centre, filmed on a GoPro camera. Law started to receive local media attention in the Southern Daily Echo for his stunts in December 2015, after he scaled Dumbleton Towers in the Thornhill area of the city.
After trespassing in Thorpe Park to climb the Stealth roller coaster in July 2017, and breaking into the Celebrity Big Brother house twice in January 2018, Law was given a 5 year criminal behaviour order that bans him from areas of a bridges or buildings not open to the public, any business property outside business hours, and all properties owned by Merlin Entertainment.
Law also does 'overnight challenges', where he and a group of friends will attempt to stay in a range of commercial premises after closing hours.
Law has received criticism from politicians, police and general members of the public for his climbing and trespassing of property. He has been warned multiple times by Hampshire Constabulary for trespassing, and after the video footage of him climbing Dumbleton Towers appeared on the Daily Echo, Southampton City Council leader Simon Letts stated that "It is a tragedy waiting to happen and someone's mother is not going to have a son at Christmas." In response to the trespassing, Law says "I always make sure I find them and explain to them what I am doing and in most cases the police are really understanding."
Speaking to 9news.com.au, after climbing a crane in Melbourne, Law stated that "[he] is not going to pretend it's not dangerous [...] I will never put myself in a situation I'm not 110 percent confident with."
- Ally Law (12 February 2017). ITS MY BIRTHDAY. Thailand: YouTube.
- "Ally Law". Social Blade. Social Blade. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Order of Events" (PDF). Oasis Academy Mayfield. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- Morris, Felix (15 December 2015). "VIDEO: Daredevil Ally Law climbs Southampton's Dumbleton Towers block with no safety gear". Southern Daily Echo. Newsquest. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- Hayward, Ben. "We Spoke To One Of Britain's Youngest Urban Explorers". UNILAD. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- Law, Ally et al. (17 February 2018). GOING TO COURT.. Then hitting an INSANE ROOFTOP! (YouTube). Manchester. Event occurs at 4:24. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
I don't even fucking eat meat man, I'm not gonna go start and hurt animals and that.
- Law, Ally et al. (13 February 2018). OVERNIGHT IN TEN PIN BOWLING!! (YouTube). Eastleigh. Event occurs at 6:55. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
We've got some vegan cheese.
- Ally Law (7 December 2014). GoPro POV Southampton Rooftop Parkour & Freeunning | Ally Law. Southampton: YouTube.
- "British Daredevil Climbs 200-Metre Tall Crane In Dizzying Video". NDTV. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- Ally Law (11 July 2017). CAUGHT BY POLICE IN DUBAI CLIMBING 400M CRANE!. Dubai: YouTube.
- Ally Law (9 March 2017). CLIMBING 329M BUIILDING IN BANGKOK! CAUGHT BY SECURITY. Bangkok: YouTube.
- "YouTube star Ally Law banned from UK theme parks and TV studios". Sky News.
- "WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE: YouTuber enjoys overnight stay at Aquadrome - watch the video here". Daily Echo. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- Law, Ally (9 May 2018). "One million people? Fucking Unbelievable Massive thanks to every single one of you that support me every single day. I've dreamt of this moment ever since I created my channel 3 1/2 years ago! The journey has been a madness but just know, This is just the beginning.. pic.twitter.com/2YHsZhX9zn". @allyalaw.
- "UCagHkTCCSbohFMJln7JYqMQ Monthly YouTube Statistics - Socialblade.com". socialblade.com.
- Davidson, Sean (19 April 2017). "Daredevil records illegal and dangerous crane climb in Melbourne's CBD". 9news.com.au. Mi9. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- Brown, Luke (5 September 2017). "Manchester City's Etihad Stadium broken into by urban free climbers in concerning security breach". The Independent. Retrieved 14 September 2017.