|Date of birth||22 June 1967|
|Place of birth||Manchester, England|
|2000||→ Chester City (loan)||7||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Albert Gary "Ally" Pickering (born 22 June 1967) is an English former professional footballer and manager. As a player, he played as a defender from 1989 until 2003 notably in the Premier League for Coventry City.
Pickering was born in Manchester and began his career with non-league Buxton before becoming a professional with Rotherham United. He spent five seasons at Millmoor making 111 appearances scoring twice helping the side gain promotion in 1991–92. He earned a move to Premier League side Coventry City in October 1993 and was a regular for two seasons at Highfield Road making 75 appearances. He joined Stoke City in August 1996 and became the regular right back for the Potters making 45 appearances in 1996–97. In 1997–98 he was an ever-present playing in all of the club's 48 fixtures as Stoke suffered relegation. Pickering did score his only goal for Stoke in a 2–1 victory over Portsmouth on 11 April 1998. New Stoke manager Brian Little deemed him to surplus to requirements at the start of the 1998–99 campaign and he joined Burnley.
After a season at Turf Moor Pickering went on to play for Altrincham, Chesterfield and made seven appearances for Chester City. He then dropped into non-league football with Hyde United, Gainsborough Trinity and Mossley.
He began a second spell as manager of Woodley Sports in May 2008 but left for a second time in December 2008. On 24 March 2010, Pickering took over as manager at New Mills, initially as caretaker until the end of the season.
Pickering remained at New Mills until October 2012, when he and the club parted company by mutual consent.
As of September 2013 he is the reserve manager at Hyde FC
- Sourced from Ally Pickering profile at the English National Football Archive (subscription required)
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[A]||Total|
|Rotherham United||1989–90||Third Division||10||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||10||0|
|Coventry City||1993–94||Premier League||4||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||4||0|
|Stoke City||1996–97||First Division||40||0||1||0||4||0||0||0||45||0|
|Chester City||1998–99||Third Division||7||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||7||1|
- Lowe, Simon (2000). Stoke City The Modern Era – A Complete Record. Desert Island Books. ISBN 1-874287-39-2.
- "Pickering leaves Woodley". NonLeagueDaily. 2 February 2007. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Steelmen return for Pickering". NonLeagueDaily. 13 May 2008. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Hancock leaves Millers". Stockport Express. M.E.N. Media. 24 March 2010. Retrieved 25 March 2010.
- "Pickering leaves New Mills". Evo Stik League. Retrieved 29 April 2013.