|Member of the Parañaque City Council from the 1st district|
June 30, 2007 – June 30, 2016
May 25, 1959 |
Cervantes, Ilocos Sur
|Political party||Lakas-CMD (2007–2012)
Liberal Party (2012–2014)
United Nationalist Alliance (2014–present)
|Children||Mark Anthony Fernandez
VJ Marquez Alfa Salic
She appeared in her first movie as a "Dama" in Urduja with Amalia Fuentes, while her first starring role was Ligaw na Bulaklak Part 2 (Lost Flower) with Vic Silayan, which was her breakout film. The 1976 film was directed by National Artist for Film Ishmael Bernal.
From then until the late 1980s, Moreno starred in a number of revealing movies that were box office hits, earning her the title "Sex Goddess of Philippine Movies" of the 1970s and 1980s.
Bernal had also directed her in the acclaimed film, City After Dark, that premiered in 1980. Her other notable films include the 1993 Gawad Urian Best Picture, "Makati Avenue Office Girls" (directed by José Javier Reyes) and the 1977 Mga Bilanggong Birhen (Incarcerated Virgins) (directed by Mario O'Hara and Romy Suzara).
Versatile for having starred in sexy, drama, and comedy films, Moreno was also a presenter on several highly rated television variety shows in the 1980s for which she earned the title "Shining Star", as well as the weekly television drama anthology, Alindog, which explored the lives of modern Filipino women. Moreno is also a dancer, who popularised a sexy, high-cut outfit called the "Tangga” on her shows like The Other Side of Alma, Rated A and Loveli-Ness. She has been nominated in various film and TV acting awards for her dramatic and comedic performances.
In the early 2000s, Moreno divided her time between her professional commitments with GMA-7's teleserye Habang Kapiling Ka, and situational comedy programme Da Boy and Da Girl; she balanced these with her personal commitment to helping the women and the poor in Parañaque City through various socio-civic and community development projects. In 2002, she starred in her comeback film Kapalit. Recently, she was a resident judge of the defunct dance contest "You Can Dance".
Moreno ran for Mayor of Parañaque City in 2004 but lost. In 2007, she was elected as Councilor of the city, and was re-elected in 2010. On September 24, 2008, the Parañaque City prosecutor's office found probable cause for violation of Batas Pambansa 22 against Moreno. The complaint Maya Media Arts Yielding Ads (Maya) Inc. accused Moreno of issuing P 390,000 rubber or bouncing checks for campaign materials. Moreno denied the charges and her bail bond was set at P30,000.
In 2012, Moreno became the first female National President of the Philippine Councilors League (PCL), where she previously served as National Secretary-General and National Executive Vice-President. In May 2012, she declared her intention to run for Senator in the 2013 elections under Lakas-CMD party. A few months later in September however, she announced that she had dropped her bid due to a lingering illness. She moved to the Liberal Party with her former husband Joey, and she ran again for Councilor in 2013, in 2014 she joined United Nationalist Alliance of Vice-President Jejomar Binay, and in 2015, Moreno confirmed that she will run for Senator under UNA. She filed her COC on October 14, 2015.
On November 14, 2015, on ABS-CBN News Channel's Headstart, which hosted by news anchor Karen Davila, Davila asked Moreno with some questions regarding certain issues in the country including the Reproductive Health Law. The interview became viral after Moreno failed to coherently answer most of Davila's questions.
Fondly called "Ness" in show business, Moreno had a long, relationship with action star Rudy Fernández, with whom she had a son, actor Mark Anthony Fernandez. She also figured in another high-profile live-in affair with the "King of Comedy", Dolphy, which produced a son, former child actor, Vandolph.
In 2001, she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Moreno later married actor-politician Joey Marquez. Their twelve-year union produced three children: Yeoj, Winwyn (Teresita Ssen), and VJ, ; their marriage was annulled in 2004.
- 1972 Deepthroat with Alma Moreno
- 1973 Babalik ka rin
- 1974 Urduja
- 1974 Kambal tuko
- 1975 San Simeon
- 1975 Kapitan Kulas
- 1975 Tag-ulan sa tag-araw
- 1976 Jailbreak
- 1976 Unos sa dalampasigan
- 1976 Ligaw na bulaklak
- 1976 Kung bakit may ulap ang mukha ng buwan
- 1976 Daluyong at Habagat
- 1976 Mrs. Eva Fonda, 16
- 1976 Walang Karanasan
- 1976 Ay, Manuela
- 1976 Bitayin si... Baby Ama
- 1976 Bakit ako mahihiya ?
- 1976 Hinog sa pilit
- 1976 Markadong anghel
- 1976 Fantastika vs. Wonderwoman
- 1976 Usigin ang maysala
- 1976 Ikaw... ako laban sa mundo
- 1976 Wanakosey
- 1977 Huwag mong dungisan ang pisngi ng langit
- 1977 Bawal na pag-ibig
- 1977 Kapangyarihan ni eva
- 1977 Laruang apoy
- 1977 Rebecca Marasigan
- 1977 Mga bulaklak ng Teatro Manila
- 1977 Ito kaya'y pagkakasala ?
- 1977 Masikip maluwang paraisong parisukat
- 1977 Si amihan at si hagibis
- 1977 Mga hayop sa damo
- 1977 Namangka sa dalawang ilog
- 1977 Mga sariwang bulaklak
- 1977 Phandora
- 1977 Sugar Daddy
- 1977 Mga bilanggong birhen
- 1977 Anong uring hayop kami dito sa daigdig
- 1978 Ex-Convict
- 1978 Lagi na lamang ba akong babae ?
- 1978 Dyesebel
- 1978 King
- 1978 Balatkayo
- 1978 Sapagkat kami'y tao lamang Part 2
- 1978 Huwag hamakin! Hostess
- 1978 Mga mata ni Angelita
- 1978 Bomba Star
- 1978 ABC ng pag-ibig
- 1*978 Pag-ibig magkano ka?
- 1978 Gisingin mo ang umaga
- 1978 Isang kahig, isang tuka, sa langit at lupa
- 1978 Buhay: ako sa itaas, ikaw sa ibaba
- 1978 Isang ama, dalawang ina
- 1978 Iwasan ... kabaret
- 1978 Mga tinik ng babae
- 1978 Hamog
- 1978 Bilangguang walang rehas
- 1979 Kasal-kasalan, bahay-bahayan
- 1979 Bedspacers
- 1979 Isang milyong at isang kasalanan
- 1979 Magkaribal
- 1979 Si gorio at ang damong ligaw
- 1979 Tatlong bulaklak
- 1979 Isang araw isang buhay
- 1979 Mabango ba ang bawat bulaklak
- 1980 Basag
- 1980 City After Dark
- 1980 Waikiki
- 1980 Broken Home
- 1980 Ano ang ginawa ng babae sa ibon ?
- 1980 Ambisyosa
- 1980 Lumakad kang hubad... Sa mundong ibabaw
- 1980 Jim Nichols Alyas 'Boy Kano '
- 1980 Gabi ng lagim ngayon
- 1980 Palaban
- 1980 Uhaw sa kalayaan
- 1980 Unang yakap
- 1980 Ako, ikaw ... magkaagaw !
- 1980 Si malakas si maganda at si mahinhin
- 1980 Tambay sa disco
- 1980 The Valderrama Case
- 1980 Nympha
- 1980 Kodengo Penal: The Valderama Case
- 1981 Candy
- 1981 Sisang tabak
- 1981 Titser's Pet
- 1981 Ambrocio Defontorum
- 1981 The Betamax Story
- 1981 Abigael
- 1981 Bawal
- 1981 Pabling
- 1981 Carnival Queen
- 1981 I Confess
- 981 Kamaong asero
- 1981 Nakakabaliw, Nakakaaliw
- 1981 Bihagin: Bilibid Boys
- 1982 Diary of Cristina Gaston
- 1982 Hanggang sa wakas
- 1982 Malikot
- 1982 Good Morning, Professor
- 1982 My Funny Valentine
- 1982 Dear God
- 1982 Throw Away Child
- 1983 Teng Teng de sarapen
- 1983 Bundok ng susong dalaga
- 1984 Nang maghalo ang balat sa tinalupan
- 1985 The Crazy Professor
- 1985 Riot 1950
- 1985 Hello Lover, Goodbye Friend
- 1985 Kay dali ng kahapon, ang bagal ng bukas
- 1986 Beloy Montemayor
- 1986 Balimbing
- 1987 Stolen Moments
- 1987 Bata-batuta
- 1987 Wanted Bata-Batuta
- 1989 Target... Police General: Major General Alfredo Lim Story
- 1989 Abandonada
- 1989 Love Me Doods
- 1990 Lover's Delight
- 1990 Kahit singko ay di ko babayaran ang buhay mo
- 1990 Urbanito Dizon: The Most Notorious Gangster in Luzon
- 1990 Twist: Ako si ikaw, ikaw si ako
- 1990 Flavor of the Month
- 1991 Secrets of Pura
- 1991 Magdalena S. Palacol Story
- 1991 Mahal ko ang mister mo
- 1991 Secrets of Pura
- 1991 Magdalena S. Palacol Story
- 1991 Mahal ko ang mister mo
- 1992 Guwapings: The First Adventure
- 1992 Aswang
- 1992 Mahal... saan ka natulog kagabi ?
- 1992 True Confessions (Evelyn, Myrna, & Margie)
- 1993 Makati Ave .
- 1993 Guwapings dos
- 1994 Paano na? Sa mundo ni Janet
- 1997 Hari ng yabang
- 1998 Sonny Segovia: Lumakad ka sa apoy
- 1999 Hey Babe !
- 2002 Kapalit
- 2015 One on One with Karen Devilla
- 2016 Tsuperhero
- Pelikula, Atbp.: Alma Moreno: This Is My Life. Pelikulaatbp.blogspot.com (December 18, 2008). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- The Official Alma Moreno Website. Almamoreno.tripod.com. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- PELIKULA, ATBP.: URDUJA (1974). Pelikulaatbp.blogspot.com (January 26, 2009). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- Kenny, Glenn. (June 17, 2016) Movie Reviews – The New York Times. Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- Video 48: ALMA MORENO: 70s and 80s SEX GODDESS OF PHILIPPINE MOVIES- Circa 1976–81. Video48.blogspot.com (April 10, 2008). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- Pagkagat Ng Dilim: MANILA BY NIGHT. sari-saringsinengpinoy.blogspot.com
- Makati Ave. (Office Girls) (1993). IMDb
- Mga bilanggong birhen (1977). IMDb
- PHNO: Sports Beat. Newsflash.org (November 27, 2000). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- ALMA MORENO IN "ALINDOG"- TV SHOW CIRCA 1976. video48.blogspot.com (July 15, 2009)
- Video on YouTube
- Alma Moreno Awards. IMDb
- Re-elected Parañaque councilor Alma Moreno says she never stops any man from leaving her | News | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz. PEP.ph. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Probable cause to charge Alma Moreno for bouncing checks. inquirer.net
- gmanews.tv, Alma Moreno sued over bouncing checks. Gmanews.tv (September 24, 2008). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- Zamboanga Today Online, the most read newspaper in Zamboanga City | The political transformation of Alma Moreno: from showbiz to politics. Zamboangatoday.ph (May 30, 2012). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- Alma Moreno forgoes Senate bid due to multiple sclerosis; undergoes stem cell therapy | News | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz. PEP.ph. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- "Alma Moreno, princess in Binay's Senate line-up". ABS-CBN News. July 30, 2015.
- "Alma Moreno: MS not an issue in senatorial bid". ABS-CBNNews.com. November 11, 2015. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- Video 48: RUDY FERNANDEZ AND ALMA MORENO IN "BABALIK KA RIN" (1981). Video48.blogspot.com (July 27, 2011). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- Ramos, N. R. (July 14, 2012) Alma Recalls Love Story Shared With Dolphy. mb.com.ph
- FunFare with Ricardo F. Lo. philstar.com. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Alma Moreno's new husband reportedly has another family | News | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz. PEP.ph. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Alma Moreno says marriage to Salic still strong. ABS-CBN News (April 17, 2011). Retrieved on June 24, 2016.