|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
The Almaden Open was a golf tournament that began at the Almaden Country Club in San Jose, California in 1958, mostly with local pros. It became a PGA Tour event, the Almaden Open Invitational, in 1961 and was played until 1965. After the 1965 event, the course underwent a major overhaul for several years. In 1968, a decision was made by the new owners not to continue the tournament.
Almaden Open Invitational
- 1965 Bobby Verwey
- 1964 Billy Casper
- 1963 Al Geiberger
- 1962 Al Geiberger (unofficial win)
- 1961 Jim Ferrier
- 1960 Charlie Sifford (unofficial win)
- 1959 Ken Venturi (unofficial win)
- 1958 Bob Duden (unofficial win)
- "A Place of Champions". Northern California Golf Association. Retrieved 2007-11-03.
|This article on an American golf tournament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This San Jose, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|