Sunset in Almagro Samar
Map of Samar with Almagro highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||1st district of Samar|
|• Mayor||Kathleen S. Prudenciado|
|• Total||51.36 km2 (19.83 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||170/km2 (450/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)55|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Electorate||9,404 voters as of 2016|
- Biasong I
- Costa Rica
- Lunang I (Look)
- Lunang II
- Panjobjoban I
- Imelda (Badjang)
- Biasong II
- Costa Rica II
- Panjobjoban II
- San Isidro
- San Jose
|Population census of Almagro|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority |
- Pang-pang (Veloso and Panjobjoban 1)
- Exotic Diving Resort (Brgy. Kerikite)
- Caves in Almagro
- Rock formation
- Museum of Endangered Species
- LightHouse (lighthouse island)
- Almagro Disneyland and
- Almagro Ocean Park
The most famous dance in Almagro is Kuratsa, because of the influence of the Spaniards that controlled the municipality for 330 years. They held their occasions on the newly constructed Covered Court in Brgy. Poblacion. Their Fiestas and Charter Days are the days where many people would come to Almagro to witness different activities held on the island. People in Almagro are often seen wearing sando because of the hot weather and the sea breeze on the island.
The only one means of access to Almagro is by motorboat from the port of Calbayog City, taking usually up to 2 hours of travel.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 31 May 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Province: Samar (Western Samar)". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007): Total Population by Province, City and Municipality (Report). NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Samar (Western Samar)". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Pio V. Corpuz, Masbate / Samar Sea||Samar Sea / Santo Niño|